Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset problem
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset problem
I don't have any real issues about posting personal data, it's just that I am technology challenged and don't know how to post a screenshot.  I'm kind of a slow learner and my learning skill has not increased with age.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do I have to remove the SD Card from my ResMed machine and install in my iMac each time I want to view current data or is there some connection now made with my iMac and ResMed AirSense 10?
Post Reply Post Reply
Remove the SD card, read it in on your iMac, then place it back into the unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2019, 12:37 PM)Farther Wrote: Do I have to remove the SD Card from my ResMed machine and install in my iMac each time I want to view current data or is there some connection now made with my iMac and ResMed AirSense 10?

Farther,
Follow the links below in my signature line.

The second link explains how to organize the “daily page”, and take a screenshot.
We need to see the following graphs: Events,
Pressure (not mask pressure), Flow Limitation, and Leak and Snores.
Also, include the left sidebar, but remove the calendar and pie chart.

The third link shows you how to use the Attachment Feature and post a chart here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2019, 11:54 AM)Melman Wrote: Please post screenshots of daily data. You don't need to figure this out on your own. We are here to help. See the links below for how to organize and post your data.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The learning curve is pretty steep here for attaching stuff, please be patient.  The medical device vendor tested my machine as good but gave me a new hose.  MyAir shows a decrease in leaks but it was already trending that way so who knows if the improvement was from the new hose or just the trending?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2019, 12:24 PM)sheepless Wrote: thanks for that explanation bonjour.  it was my impression that apap uses pressure to address all events since that's all it has to work with (other than epr which despite common knowledge the mfgr does not advertise as therapeutic).  I often had runaway pressure with apap, which I sometimes attributed to ca. mistakenly, apparently?

I've been confused by this before and I still seem to be having trouble understanding how flow (volume) can be increased without increasing pressure.

"I often had runaway pressure with apap, which I sometimes attributed to ca. mistakenly, apparently?" The ResMed algorithm will not increase the pressure to respond to central events.

"I still seem to be having trouble understanding how flow (volume) can be increased without increasing pressure." Reverse the order. First, the pressure drops due to a leak. Second, the algorithm increases the flow to compensate for the leak and maintain the pressure. Once the pressure is restored, the machine will not increase the pressure further unless it detects events (excluding central).
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks vvvv. I started to write a response to continue the discussion but I don't want to hijack this thread any more than I already have. long and short: I'm pretty sure I understand this stuff, at least on an elementary level, but I may still be confused sometimes due to residual brain fog. that's my excuse anyway.

back to you Farther. sorry for the diversion.
Post Reply Post Reply
Farther, it’s great that you’re now using Oscar and successfully uploading charts to the forum—well done!

Two things that I think will help the experts interpret your chart: see if you can get the left-hand vertical part in the same screenshot as the horizontal graphs, and replace the mask pressure graph with the flow limitation graph. (You want, in one upload, to show graphs for events, flow rate, pressure, leaks, and flow limitations, plus ideally snores too.)

The second change may be especially useful. I say that because as I look back and forth between your uploads, I see that your pressure sometimes rises in response to flow limitations. This may account for your sense that the pressure runs up too high. The experts could advise you about that much once they can see the whole picture in a single chart.

About your leaks with the P10: do you think they are mouth leaks? If so, have you tried a cervical collar, chinstrap, or tape?
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=12458][attachment=12458][attachment=12459][attachment=12460][attachment=12461]I tried a cervical collar last night for about three minutes but I am kind of like a Neanderthal and have a short 19-inch neck and the collar is very uncomfortable.  I also have a chin strap but it pulls my chin back and my mouth falls open.  Sleeping on my side helps with the mouth breathing.  I'm still looking for other options.  Here is my latest attempt at posting results.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 349 2 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,715 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 105 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.