Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 Time as shown in OSCAR
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Time as shown in OSCAR
In the seven-plus years I've had my AS10 I've never unplugged the power before removing or inserting the SD card.

Of course, I wait until after my coffee before looking at OSCAR, and I don't do anything around 10 past machine noon while it updates the STR.edf file.

If you leave it plugged in and on standby, that little battery will last longer.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will elaborate on what others have already said, and add my own comments:

1) You're overthinking the SD card stuff. What you're doing isn't adding value. No need to turn the entire machine on and off just to remove a card, just do it at a "safe" time. E.g. user pholynyk mentions that SD updates occur at about 12:10 PM (in addition of course to ongoing updates while the machine is active, until shortly after you stop the airflow).

If you're turning the machine off to avoid SD corruption, then I claim that such corruption is probably just as likely in either of these situations:

1a) machine is powered-off at the wrong moment, while an SD update in progress

1b) machine remains powered-on, but an SD card is ejected at the wrong moment, while an SD update in progress

Just try to avoid ejecting the SD card at the improper time.

2) I don't think it's a problem to insert an SD card while the machine is powered up. It cleanly detects this occurrence and cautions you to leave things alone while the machine scans the SD card.

3) my old Dreamstation was very good about gaps between sessions recorded to SD card. Perhaps a second or two lost at noon. I just got a AS11 and it's pathetic. The last time I did an overnight shift and slept through noon, here's what happened: detailed recording stopped at 11:59:13 AM and didn't resume until 12:00:08 PM. However, my AS11 doesn't always delay until 12:00:08. But I also saw a recent gap where recording was resumed at 12:00:04.

4) I've only had my AS11 for a few days but it seems to know the correct time. That's probably because they use the built-in cellular modem to get time from an NTP server on the Internet. (the cellular modem always knows the correct time but it might not be possible for the AS11 software to obtain that value). My Dreamstation remained accurate to about 1 second for an entire 5 years. Either it had an atomic clock in it (most unlikely) or it just asked an external server for the time using its cellular modem.

I will know more about how my AS11 behaves after I've had it for a month or two. But perhaps your concern about its time handling is premature. It might just keep exact time, as long as you get one with a built-in cellular modem (and your insurance pays the monthly fee for cellular service).
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2022, 09:00 PM)SnoringInOregon Wrote: 4) I've only had my AS11 for a few days but it seems to know the correct time. That's probably because they use the built-in cellular modem to get time from an NTP server on the Internet. (the cellular modem always knows the correct time but it might not be possible for the AS11 software to obtain that value). My Dreamstation remained accurate to about 1 second for an entire 5 years. Either it had an atomic clock in it (most unlikely) or it just asked an external server for the time using its cellular modem.

I will know more about how my AS11 behaves after I've had it for a month or two. But perhaps your concern about its time handling is premature. It might just keep exact time, as long as you get one with a built-in cellular modem (and your insurance pays the monthly fee for cellular service).

The AirSense 10's had cellular modems, but never synced to NTP servers. To date, many Air11 users (with connectivity)  have posted about incorrect times, and no ability to change time. This suggests no time-syncing is occurring.

There is no cellular service fee charged or passed on to the end-user, insurance carrier or DME for cellular service. the M2M data charges are completely absorbed by ResMed in there carrier service contracts.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar and ResMed Domino96 13 768 Yesterday, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset help Pawpri 3 108 03-25-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 85 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 125 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,336 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 202 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Getting message "Your Resmed CPAP machine has not been tested yet". It's AirSense 11. PurpleOx 32 4,283 03-07-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.