Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed BIPAP Plus Series M - need manual please!
ResMed BIPAP Plus Series M - need manual please!

Hi all! 

It's a been years since I've been on this board.  All of you were SO helpful when me and my husband started on this sleep apnea 
journey 15 years ago.  My husband has severe mixed sleep apnea and needs a pressure of about 19.  He has been using a Bipap
machine which helps a lot.

I learned so much from you guys and it actually helped me to recognize that when he was first diagnosed the pressure they had him 
set at was too LOW.  When I went to the office visit with the sleep doctor I used the knowledge that I gained from you all to ask some
very pointed questions and demand another sleep study.  The doctor was shocked at how much I knew and asked if I was a nurse.  
I said "NO, just a person who believes you must educate yourself to be able to advocate for the best care for my husband".
Well, needless to say, I got what I wanted!  Way-to-happy   

Can someone send me the clinician set up manual for the ResMed BIPAP Plus Series M manual?  I can't seem to find it in the lists which 
are provided on the Apnea Board Forum.

Thanks again,
Lee
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed BIPAP Plus Series M - need manual please!
Welcome back! I believe you are looking for a Respironics REMstar M Series and not a Resmed.

Here is the kink to the manuals:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

Scroll down to section 2 - Respironics REMstar Plus, Respironics BiPAP Pro, or Respironics BiPAP Auto M Series (I think)
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In our CPAP Setup Manuals, the manual you want is listed as a direct download. I don't see the M-Series BiPAP Pro, but you can use the M-Series BiPAP Auto which has all the same information.  Just follow instructions for BiPAP mode rather than BiPAP Auto.  https://www.apneaboard.com/manuals51/Res...0Setup.pdf

Please feel free to ask any questions. The M-Series is quite old and your husband is overdue for a replacement.  The M-Series BiPAP is not appropriate for treatment of complex apnea with obstructive and central apnea, and the correct therapy is "adaptive servo ventilation" as provided by the Philips Respironics BiPAP Auto SV or the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You will want to look under Section Two

You should be able to find it under REMstar Bipap Plus Series M

Your machine is a Respironics REMstar, not ResMed. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much guys!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 250 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 187 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 1,937 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Equipment] Provider Manual for BMC? cpapuser2348 1 259 12-21-2023, 06:48 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Got Bipap instead of prescribed ResMed Autoset machine. Please help me get going. marvin2023 2 548 10-10-2023, 07:26 PM
Last Post: marvin2023
  Respironic BiPAP M series pressure settings jamesmck 3 558 09-17-2023, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.