Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed EPR…someone explain?
ResMed EPR…someone explain?
New to ResMed and EPR, recently was using Respironics C-Flex/C-Flex+

I have this general concept/assumption where EPR (regardless of setting 1, 2, or 3) backs off the expiratory pressure by 2cmH20…..and that the specific setting determine how fast/slow it backs off

Is this correct, and if not please correct me!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed EPR…someone explain?l
And this is why i should have read the clinicians manual before posting…..because it clearly states that:

1 = 1cm
2 = 2cm
3 = 3cm

How amazing….theres this manual that explicitly answers basic questions….(wry sarcasm)
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL yeah, sometimes these manual things actually cover what we need to know. Not always, but yes.

And to clarify, if your machine is running at 12, and your EPR is set to 1, then inhale would be 12 and exhale would be 11. If 2, then 12 and 10, if 3 then 12 and 9.

And, of course, you can turn it off entirely. Some people don't need it, some need all they can get.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
“The Boy Who Cried EPR”, lol….
Post Reply Post Reply
As if you were the first.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed EPR…someone explain?
Use the search term in our Wiki for more.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2022, 03:59 PM)spetzal Wrote: New to ResMed and EPR, recently was using Respironics C-Flex/C-Flex+

I have this general concept/assumption where EPR (regardless of setting 1, 2, or 3) backs off the expiratory pressure by 2cmH20…..and that the specific setting determine how fast/slow it backs off

Not correct for ResMed.  You have somewhat described how Respironics Flex works.

Flex settings 1, 2, and 3. for PR machines
You can receive up to 2cm pressure relief, which is flow based.
• C-Flex – Provides pressure relief upon exhalation.
• A-Flex/C-Flex+ – Provides pressure relief taking place at the end of inhalation and at the start of exhalation.

(12-15-2022, 04:02 PM)spetzal Wrote: And this is why i should have read the clinicians manual before posting…..because it clearly states that:

1 = 1cm
2 = 2cm
3 = 3cm

How amazing….theres this manual that explicitly answers basic questions….(wry sarcasm)

Yep, that's how EPR works.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2022, 03:59 PM)spetzal Wrote: New to ResMed and EPR, recently was using Respironics C-Flex/C-Flex+

Hi, 

I can't change my EPR settings, its either on or off. Unless there is a trick to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Within the clinician's menu is an option as to whom may change the EPR value. In order for you to change it from the normal user menu, this needs to be set to "Patient".

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2022, 05:23 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Within the clinician's menu is an option as to whom may change the EPR value.  In order for you to change it from the normal user menu, this needs to be set to "Patient".

- Red

I found it, thanks. I found where I can change it but I will leave it where it is because I dont know what it does so I dont want to mess it up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please explain airsense term on clinical settings rebean 2 514 08-11-2023, 09:29 AM
Last Post: rebean
  [Treatment] New mask - can anyone explain some of these shifting numbers? CruzVevo 6 633 01-15-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Guys can someone please explain all the different settings on a BiPap (Philips) Zoltyzolt 2 714 03-12-2022, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Video [Diagnosis] Hi guys starting therapy today, could someone explain my sleep study IwantToSleep123 6 978 08-14-2021, 01:27 AM
Last Post: IwantToSleep123
  Can Someone Explain what min, med, 95% and max mean? asuter060514 5 2,389 07-18-2021, 08:23 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Large Leaks - Please Explain My Oscar Leak Data Attached Sleeper396 3 1,193 07-06-2021, 04:03 PM
Last Post: Sleeper396
Question [Diagnosis] Need An expert to explain roy1123 3 730 03-08-2021, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.