Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed F30 Fitting Template
ResMed F30 Fitting Template
I just got my ResMed F30, the ResMed knock off (or one up) of the Phillips Amara View and Dreamware Full Face mask. They include a fitting guide inside the sealed plastic bag with the mask and you have to open the package to get to the fitting template, making it un-returnable to suppliers that don't offer what some call "return insurance." ResMed does not yet have  PDF of the template posted to their website where you could actually use it before buying the mask.

Good news is you don't need the template at all. You just need to measure the widest part of the outside of your nose from underneath, which for me is easier to do looking at a ruler placed under my nose than to use the template. So I didn't bother to to a proper scan of the Fitting Template, just this quick image you can read the measurements off of if you want to check for yourself.

As someone mentioned in another thread, the threshold for small is a width under about 33mm. The medium is for between 33mm and 47mm. There is no large. The F30 template is based solely on width.

I take a large in the Dreamwear Full Face and definitely not the medium/wide. The medium F30 seems to fit me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed F30 Fitting Template
Thanks this is helpful
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got my f30.  I guessed since I wear a large with the f20 I ordered a medium in the f30.  The mask seems not to want to center on my nose but wants to pull it to one side and no matter how I adjust it it still wants to pull to one side.The template seems to indicate that I might need a small size cushion.  Could this be the problem?  Also wish the headgear was a little bigger.  
Any help would be appreciated since I would like to make this mask work.
Another problem I did not mention is I follow the guidelines to adjust the mask but I have a problem getting it to stop leaking.  Could it really be too large?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Re: the headgear being bigger, not sure if you know but you can adjust the width of the headgear with the blue strap on top. So, that might be something to try if you haven’t already.

If you think the mask is pulling to one side I would suggest you make sure both of the top straps (that pull on the nasal portion) and both of the lower straps are adjusted equally and that you aren’t tightening one of them more than the opposite side.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I have checked to make sure they are even on both sides.  Yet the mask still pulls to one side.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this normal: Newly diagnosed, no mask fitting? amyK 2 435 06-06-2023, 08:47 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Mask leak from hose fitting? kaper 4 4,493 04-18-2022, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Question about fitting Amara View struts 2 576 07-27-2021, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Boxermum
  Upcoming Full face mask fitting at DME provider, facial shape considerations Rgn3 13 1,426 06-15-2021, 10:45 PM
Last Post: hegel
  [Equipment] Problem fitting DreamWear nasal cradle mask clownbell 6 1,226 05-16-2021, 07:37 PM
Last Post: clownbell
Wink [Equipment] Help with Mask Fitting & Acclimatization srlevine1 0 580 11-28-2020, 10:09 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Recently Diagnosed - Mask fitting advice during a pandemic DazedRunner 8 1,173 07-13-2020, 07:27 PM
Last Post: DazedRunner

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.