Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Humidifier Tub Change?
ResMed Humidifier Tub Change?
[attachment=62310][attachment=62310][attachment=62309][attachment=62308]
Hi you guys.... I have a question or two for you...

My Medical Equipment Supplier (Norco (in Spokane, WA) replaced me with some new replacement equipment and I noticed a big change in the ResMed Humidifier Tub.  See info below.

The main big difference is the Tub that I have been using for the past year is a square metal heating plate and it covers the entire bottom.  This makes contact with my ResMed AirCurve10 BIPAP machine as (square metal to square metal). See attached photos.

The one that the Medical Equipment Supplier sent me was different.  It has a (Round heating plate) and the rest of the bottom is just clear plastic not like my original that had the entire bottom covered with metal.

When I viewed the original box and the new box it has the same Reference Number of #37299 "Humidifier Standard Tub that is on both the old box and the NEW Box.  However, the LOT #'s are different.  See below and attached photos...

Original Tub LOT # (10) 1707211

New Tub LOT # (10) 1737215

So, I have seen and noticed a big difference in the tubs.  I want to know if this new tub (round) is going to work correctly or not with my BIPAP machine.  It will make less contact with the heating element.

Has ResMed just added a new unit to cover more of their CPAP and BIPAP machines?  And more important... is this the right unit?

Please advise.

See photo attachments below...

Thank you!
Reesche

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Humidifier Tub Change?
It explains here why this was changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSmTv1EY0g0&t=6m3s

Basically, the old design was leaking.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks reasonable. The square corners could set up stress points and could be a weak point for leaks. The round design would also reduce alignment problems during manufacturing.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
They wanted to change the design to ensure you'd get well rounded water heating.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It also could be due to some cost savings as well. I believe the AS11 uses a round metal plate. They might have switched the design so that the AS10 and AS11 have the same metal heater plate design, which would save them money.

Or like Dave said, "well rounded water heating".
Post Reply Post Reply
LMAO @sarcasticdave

My brand new Resmed AirCurve biPAP came with a round metal plate in the humidifier tank.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok..... is the round version going to be as efficient as the older square plate? I have been using my "Square Plate" for a year now and no rust or leaks. Boy this is really confusing how ResMed made these changes without telling the public that uses this technology. Reesche

So what is the shape of the BIPAP burner plate on your new unit?
Post Reply Post Reply
Even though it looks smaller, the round heating plate on the new design is larger in surface area, and much smoother inside the tank. This makes cleaning much easier. Since I started using the new design, I have had no deposits and only need to rinse the tank. I used to need to use peroxide and a cue-tip to clean the nooks and crannies of the humidifier. The new design seems much better. I don't notice any change in humidity.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your reply and information!

Reesche
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is what ResMed said about the change in the unit.   See attachment below....     Reesche

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rainout with no humidifier robulus 6 336 06-14-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: flanksinatra
  Nasal sores and humidifier. ubuntootoo 7 374 06-08-2024, 08:28 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Sad [Pressure] Do I need to change pressure or settings ? maxpest99 1 216 06-03-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Resmed change from Aircurve 10 to Resmed Aircurve 11 Faskend 2 232 06-03-2024, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Faskend
  Change from Airsense 10 to 11 Mhenders73 3 243 06-03-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: AndyB
  BIG change in AHI almost overnight alanbc 18 840 05-30-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Algorithm change in the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV terp1984 2 385 05-05-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.