Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated
ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated
Hey folks,

First real post. I've never been officially diagnosed with sleep problems, but I am sure I have it.  I wake up feeling destroyed often. I also certainly have a deviated septum meaning that I pretty much have to sleep on my right side or my stomach.

I got a second-hand ResMed S9 AutoSet and have been using it for around a week. I've also imported data into OSCAR (great work, by the way).

So I'd like to upload some data and see what the experts think about my settings and other data. I think the CPAP has in fact helped, but now I want to maximize my results while solidifying basic concepts related to the data I'm gathering.

What info do you need and how do I get it to you?

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated
Here are the steps to organize the Daily screen and take a screenshot.  I hope it will help.
  1. Make sure that your display is set to the Standard view, your graphs are in the default order, and all graphs are of the same size.
     If not:
    • To reset the Default Graph Order:  Go to (View > Reset Graphs > Standard)
      (Note: Only the Events graph should be pinned.)

• To reset Graph Heights:  Go to (View > Reset Graphs Heights)
  2. Resize the Daily screen's left panel's width, so each channel parameter only uses one line and does not wrap the data.  This allows more information to be displayed.

3. Make sure you are at the top of the Daily screen and have not scrolled down.  Also, make sure you are displaying the complete day's data, and not zoomed in to any specific time range. (Take a guess as to why we mention all this. . .)

4. To take a screenshot of your Daily screen, select one of the following:
    • For Windows or Linux: Use the F12 key
    • For a Mac: While holding down the Fn key, press the F12 key.
  5.  Follow the steps here to post an image: https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...ttachments
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I followed the instructions exactly but I'm sure some of the graphs aren't stock/in correct order. Sorry about that.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Also, Crimson Nape - I wouldn't mind that disk-write fix you posted for Windows 10. What's the most up-to-date version of that script? It's obnoxious that every day I have to reset the card. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
You have the Resmed S9 which is the problem child when it comes to having extra file on the SD card.  Here are the steps to disable the creation of the sysvol folder on a Windows 10 system. Also, at the bottom of this post is a link to a file that may work on Win10 to perform this for you automatically, as well as, allow you to turn it back on, if ever desire.  

By the way, all the sysvol feature does is speed up the reporting of the device's directory.  .  .  No biggie!

Plan A: Using the Group Policy Editor
  1. Press the Windows Key + R combination, type : "gpedit.msc" (without the quotes) in Run dialog box and hit Enter to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
  2. Navigate to: Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Search
  3. In the right pane, look for the setting named "Do not allow locations on removable drives to be added to libraries" and double click on it.
  4. A new widow will appear. Click on "Enabled" and then click "Apply" followed by OK.
  5. Close the Local Group Policy Editor and restart the machine, plug in the USB and plug out. You’ll be no longer facing the trouble.

Plan B: Using REGEDIT to modify the DisableRemovableDriveIndexing key
If your edition of Windows does not have the Group Policy Editor, do the following:
  1. Press Windows Key + R combination, type: "regedit" in Run dialog box and hit Enter to open the registry Editor.
  2. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows
  3. In the left pane of this location, right click over Windows key and select New -> Key. Name the newly created sub-key as Windows Search. Now select the same sub-key and come to its right pane as shown in image above. Right click in the blank space, select New ->DWORD Value.
  4. Name the newly created DWORD as: DisableRemovableDriveIndexing.
  5. Double click on the new DWORD name to obtain a value setting window.
  6. Enter the value data of: 1 (one).  The base setting doesn't matter. Press "OK".
  7. Exit the Registry Editor and reboot you computer.

Plan C: Download the automation file below and let it do all the work:
This file will allow you to disable or enable the System Volume Write Feature:
Windows System Volume Write Disable/Enable Utility

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that. Unfortunately the regedit didn't download (maybe my account is too new) but I just edited the registry directly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone have some opinions on the screenshot I uploaded?
Post Reply Post Reply
Slippy, I’m on my phone, but clusters of apnea like yours are the signature of positional apnea https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea. Read the article and consider a soft cervical collar. I’ll be back.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
That's an interesting observation, and I appreciate the feedback. I have a head cold right now and I can't breath out of my nose until it clears up (which maybe takes 30 minutes of really trying) so I imagine OSCAR sees all of the problem stuff at the very beginning as apnea, but might actually be an inability to breathe through my nose. Thanks again for the feedback!
Post Reply Post Reply
A close up of the flow rate will show flow limitation from nasal congestion too.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to clean your Resmed AutoSet 10 heated hose? Hmm888 9 8,145 Yesterday, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Pressure] Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Turpentine 6 180 08-28-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Newbie to OSCAR, advice appreciated cousinscc 3 119 08-25-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: cousinscc
  Got Bipap instead of prescribed ResMed Autoset machine. Please help me get going. marvin2023 9 1,029 08-17-2024, 09:24 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset - Failure Mode? mcman56 3 331 07-09-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  [CPAP] Autoset doesn't do much for me -- with one exception rrstv 3 279 06-17-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Autoset Standard or Soft for FLs? DavidAM 2 294 06-15-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: DavidAM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.