Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 Card Reading Issue - Solved?
ResMed S9 Card Reading Issue - Solved?
Several people have posted that sometimes the SD card cannot be read in their ResMed S9. We had that issue several times, but powering down and then back up so far has always worked with no data loss. I noticed that when this happened again recently it was on a day that I had opened the humidifier top and left it open for a few minutes while washing the tray. So since then I have always closed the top of the humidifier quickly and right away and then opened it back up briefly to replace the tray. Might be a coincidence but since then we had not had a card reading issue. My husband accurately points out that it was also sunny on those days and thinks I am crazy.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 Card Reading Issue - Solved?
Hi SPOUSE,
Whatever works for you, it doesn't matter who says or thinks you are crazy, (Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha.)
Seriously, that's great that you found the solution to your card reading problem.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2013, 12:13 PM)SPOUSE Wrote: Several people have posted that sometimes the SD card cannot be read in their ResMed S9.
whats was the problem, any error message on the screen
sorry, just waken up .. better put the kettle on Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
There was an error message indicating that it could not read the card. I should have written it down and will do so if it happens again.

(01-15-2013, 03:31 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-15-2013, 12:13 PM)SPOUSE Wrote: Several people have posted that sometimes the SD card cannot be read in their ResMed S9.
whats was the problem, any error message on the screen
sorry, just waken up .. better put the kettle on Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2013, 04:13 PM)SPOUSE Wrote: There was an error message indicating that it could not read the card. I should have written it down and will do so if it happens again.

more likely the message was about "invalid SD card ... erase data yes/no"
if "no" selected, the S9 ask you to remove the card

sometimes rebooting the machine as you did by powering down, resolve the issue and the S9 accept the card

the "invalid SD card" message might indicate some foreign files found on the SD card
(for that reason, I lock the card first before downloads and unlock afterwards)
if you choose "yes" to erase the data, the S9 erase all currant data and also write another copy of summary data on the card
you can choose "yes" and continue using the same card
however by erasing the data, you,ll lose detailed data which cannot be retrieved
so to avoid losing any detailed data, you can download before erasing

Edit: S9 SD card stores:
365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data (graphs)*
7 days of high resolution flow data*
* Only available on S9 AutoSet and S9 Elite
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! So far so good but I will save this message just in case it happens again.

Quote:sometimes rebooting the machine as you did by powering down, resolve the issue and the S9 accept the card

the "invalid SD card" message might indicate some foreign files found on the SD card
(for that reason, I lock the card first before downloads and unlock afterwards)
if you choose "yes" to erase the data, the S9 erase all currant data and also write another copy of summary data on the card
you can choose "yes" and continue using the same card
however by erasing the data, you,ll lose detailed data which cannot be retrieved
so to avoid losing any detailed data, you can download before erasing

Edit: S9 SD card stores:
365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data (graphs)*
7 days of high resolution flow data*
* Only available on S9 AutoSet and S9 Elite
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

Post Reply Post Reply
Spouse, I fixed your post so that folks can find your words apart from the quoted text. The beginning quote tag does use the "/". I know I sound like I have quote OCD!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2013, 01:32 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Spouse, I fixed your post so that folks can find your words apart from the quoted text. The beginning quote tag does use the "/". I know I sound like I have quote OCD!

OK, now I see what you mean. Took me a minute and then I read the directions again. Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
The SD cards have a 'Unlock' / 'Lock' switch on the side ( a small white slider ) perhaps you have managed to change the setting without realising. I've done it, so I know!

Regards,

Bob
Birmingham UK
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2013, 05:35 PM)Bobj274 Wrote: The SD cards have a 'Unlock' / 'Lock' switch on the side ( a small white slider ) perhaps you have managed to change the setting without realising. I've done it, so I know!

Not all SD cards have this. A little like the write protect switch on 3½" disks. 5¼" disks were a bit different. Do I ever feel old.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 37 7 hours ago
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 102 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 135 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,375 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 104 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,042 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.