Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?"
ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?"
I hope someone can help me with a message I am getting when I first plug in my ResMed S9. It says: "Are you sure? Invalid SD card, erase card data?" and below that is "Yes" or "No" and the "No" is highlighted in yellow.

This started two nights ago when I went on a short trip, plugged my machine in at a friend's house ... and up came this message. The machine will not start unless I remove the ResMed SD card... but will keep on going if I push the SD card back in a few minutes later.

Although I have downloaded the ResMed software, I have never put my SD card in the computer (or anywhere else) except in my ResMed S9 machine. Data was downloaded by the sleep doctor about four months ago. And this is the original SD card that came with my CPAP which I have been using since last October.

I have learned to get into the "guts" of the ResMed S9 (thanks to posts I've read here on Apnea Board) and I'm wondering if I managed to hit something in the menu that caused this message to appear on start up.

Thank you for any light you may be able to shed on this puzzling development.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?"
Well, it looks like something has happened to your SD card (hopefully) or to your machine's card reader (hopefully not).

If you have a card reader attached to a Windows machine, try plugging in the SD card in it and seeing if Windows recognizes a valid partition. If so, copy off all the data you can from the card.

You only really have two choices. The first is to buy a new SD card to try to preserve whatever data is present in your old card. Your other option is to say "yes" when the machine wants to re-format the card. This will destroy all the data on the card, but will hopefully fix whatever corruption happened.

If re-formatting the card allows everything to work, you could think about putting the old data back again (if you were able to extract it). However, if you don't need it for insurance reasons, there is really no need.

If re-formatting the card still doesn't work, you can either buy a new SD card hoping it is the card that failed, or take the machine to a repair depot and have them diagnose the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
By choosing "Yes" ... the machine over write the data and write therapy/compliance data (up to 365 days) on the card but you would loose any detailed data on the card as detailed data written directly on the card and not stored in machine memory

If detailed data is important to you ... download the data on your computer before letting the machine erasing the data so you don,t loose any detailed data. The card also stores 30 days of detailed data and 7 days of flow data
Post Reply Post Reply
If you find the SD card needs to be re-formatted, I'd consider getting a new SD card to replace that one, which may be experiencing problems. SD cards are cheap - you can get them for around $5-10 easily, and you don't need a high capacity one for your S9 machine - a 2 GB card will do just fine.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Ron, zonk and SuperSleeper for your suggestions. I decided my first step would be to download the data from my ResMed SD card which I did following the "Clinical Guide" step-by-step. I made a patient chart for myself, selected "all available data", "start download" and all seemed to go well. Actually, I was thrilled and quite pleased until....

Seems I can only get "Settings", "Statistics" and "Summary Graphs", but no "Detailed Graphs", not even on a single session. I was surprised to see that "Summary Graphs" went back to "day one" (October 16, 2012).

Any suggestions? Thanks so much! Margaret
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2013, 09:32 AM)MAPnea Wrote: Seems I can only get "Settings", "Statistics" and "Summary Graphs", but no "Detailed Graphs", not even on a single session. I was surprised to see that "Summary Graphs" went back to "day one" (October 16, 2012).

Any suggestions? Thanks so much! Margaret
Make sure "All available data" selected as shown (post #2) and page 14 of ResScan interpretation guide (post # 1) ... also can be set as "default" so always stay that way

[Image: attachment.php?aid=60]
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ersion-4-3

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you everyone!

I did, indeed, manage to download "all available data" on my first attempt earlier today, but I was simply not "getting" to where I wanted to "get": I want to see all those little flags (indicating, I assume, "events") that I see on the sleep doctor's monitor in his office. I realize now I need to sit down, carefully re-read the Clinical Guide to see if I missed anything in my haste to get to those "little flags" AND THEN do what zonk just suggested - start in on the ResScan Report Interpretation Guide.

I erased the ResMed data card and IT WORKS!! Well, at least I can turn on the S9 without a "data card" alert popping up in the screen.

I've learned so much on Apnea Board. Thank you for helping me build a bit of confidence as I begin to "take charge" of my own therapy!

Margaret
Post Reply Post Reply
I know this is an older post, but I too have the same problem. If I turn the machine off, 9 out of 10 times the card works, but then suddenly it says I need to format it. I take the card out, insert it in pc and says there's no data. I put it back in s9 reformat and it works. It's a right royal pain and really, there is no need for it to be doing this. Very odd. Looking at other threads, it seems to be a common problem
Post Reply Post Reply
I had this problem also just the other night, called my DME and they sent me a new resmed SD card free of charge.
I downloaded all the data from the old one and formatted it using the computer (Format as Fat32) and it now works perfectly again so i ended up with 2 SD cards (I now have a spare).

I think what happens is that the SD cards data gets corrupted possibly because of a power surge or fluctuation, when the data becomes corrupt the machine doesn't know how to handle the data and thus stops.
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='RonWessels' pid='41964' dateline='1375645992']
Well, it looks like something has happened to your SD card (hopefully) or to your machine's card reader (hopefully not).

Your other option is to say "yes" when the machine wants to re-format the card. This will destroy all the data on the card, but will hopefully fix whatever corruption happened.

If re-formatting the card allows everything to work, you could think about putting the old data back again (if you were able to extract it). However, if you don't need it for insurance reasons, there is really no need.)))

I did the above now I would like to restore my patient data saved on the PC back onto the SD card. I can not see a way to do that in the RESCAN software menu.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation not writing on card? Raven87 5 87 04-13-2024, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Raven87
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,180 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 273 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] BMC G3 A20 SD Card English Language file aabman 12 2,131 03-07-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Psychotech
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 217 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,209 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 278 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.