Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 life expectancy
ResMed S9 life expectancy
I have A ResMed S9 with 14000 to 15000 hours on it. Does anybody know about how many hours I will get before the unit is wore out.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 life expectancy
Most of these machines can last between 5-7 years or approximately 15000 hours, sometimes more.  

There are many folk here using older S9's, maybe they'll chime in on their experience.

Regardless of how long your machine will last, you should be considering an update, and keep the S9 as a backup.  Don't wait for it to quit on you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an S9 Elite I bought used; I don't know how many hours I have on it. It's working well (still.)
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I have an older S9 it has 21000 hours on it and seems to be working perfectly, I have got the motor life exceeded message so I do think that it is time for me too look at a replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did check the running hours on my S9 Elite. It was a while back. IIRC I had 22,100 hours at that time.
I bought it used...it served me well.
1/2 a week ago I bought a new S10 autosens for her, and I'm glad I did. It's so quiet. Last night I had a wonderful sleep after changing settings suggested here.

I'm glad I bought a new machine.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Ive had mine for seven or more years. The end of life message came on quite a while ago. I planned to keep using it to the bitter end. Last few days it’s been acting weird, have to take the sdcard out to get it to run and tonight when I went to check the water level the water was almost boiling. It’s been off all day. That’s pretty scary, could have started a fire. Guess I’ll break out the new one tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed S9 Elite

Purchased May/June 2010

27,940.3 run hours - never seen 24,000 life exceeded message.

Replaced power supply yesterday, Saturday 10th April, conked out after three hours sleep. Panicked a little but figured out it was probably the power supply. Thankfully, supplier was open and confirmed it was, bought new power supply and now working again, panic averted. No warning of power supply failure.

H5i Humidifier pogo pins (2 of 3) worn causing replace climate line tube error. Intermittent at first about a year ago, more prevalent these days. Difficult finding the pogo pins parts number to order more, hoping supplier mentioned above will get back with the details as no luck elsewhere.

Should it fail, S10's are in stock and $400 Aud less than original S9 purchase price for fixed pressure. Hoping it will survive until the S11's are released and skip the end of cycle model.
Post Reply Post Reply
Getting a new model (S11) is very tempting, but it seems that every new model release, regardless of manufacturer, has come with its own warts.   I like the idea of a well tested and proven design.    Also, when a new model is released, it usually means lower prices for the prior models.  

You mention power supplies, the A10 series uses the same power supply that several laptop computers employ.   That means very good prices are available from 3rd party suppliers.  The A11 appears to have another proprietary power plug.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The real question is if there is a difference between the power supplies, are they genuinely different or just have different plugs and if replugged would work (i doubt this), laptop style was described to me as the type for a S10 compared to S9.

Just reduces waste and gives backup options if compatible. If a power brick goes, unless you have someone with one, hard to check the problem. Once all phone chargers and cables were different, now there is a lot of interchangeability reducing waste and landfill.

Some form of forward/backward compatibility would be ideal, considering the costs involved if not third party, but electronics and practicality are not my strong points.
Post Reply Post Reply
@carrawa
You have more hours on your machine than I did on mine.  I think mine was 22,100 hours.

I know we all live all over the world...I'm in Canada. I've done this for over 30 years.  I've had 4 machines in that time. 

Reflecting:  in 30 years of treatment nobody did anything to improve my sleep quality.  I still woke up tired and cranky.  I had a sleep doc that threatened to pull my driver's license so I kept him happy. I have only missed one night in all my time.  My numbers are good....

I have a different sleep doc now. He provided a prescription for a new machine. I waited almost 2 years before I bought my S10.

Confession.  I'm sorry I waited.

*new machine
*apap
*settings provided in recommendations here.
*sleep hygiene--I sleep longer now. I have for the last two years, starting well before I got the new machine.

Point is:  I feel better now. Sleep quality is better than with my old S9 E.

Conclusion:  If I have to wear all this crap it had better work.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 388 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,098 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,254 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Airsense 10 end of life JamesW 3 621 12-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: KSMatthew
  [Treatment] Waking up worse despite multiple changes, life feels awful davigalindo 10 952 10-26-2023, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Motor Life Exceeded, at 21,900 hours Aircurve 10 Vauto Sleeprider 52 7,297 10-08-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.