Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed ST-A vs Philips BiPap AVAPS
ResMed ST-A vs Philips BiPap AVAPS
I currently have a Philips BiPap AVAPS due to a neuromuscular disorder. I am looking into buying a ResMed ST-A with IVAPS mode because of the recall on the Philips machine. 

I just want to make sure that they are equivalent in assuring volume and pressure. And similar in in every other way. I know the literature shows that the ResMed has it all but my family is concerned because my doctor originally wrote my prescription for a Philips machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed ST-A vs Philips BiPap AVAPS
What exact Philips AVAPS do you have, just to be sure?

If it's a Philips Trilogy, your ResMed equal is the Astral. But if you're dealing with a DreamStation AVAPS then yes that's the ResMed ST-A as the equivalent.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If this helps, take a look at this PDF of ResMed high level machines.

https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...nz_eng.pdf
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I have the Dreamstation BiPap AVAPS. I’ll look at the manual. Thanks so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK then it'll be the ResMed ST-A. I'm sure it'll be great as the replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you heard if there will soon be an AirCurve 11 ST-A? Unless it’s soon though, I don’t think I want to wait.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can not find any reports of an AirCurve 11 series. The only model being reported is the AirSense series. I would advise looking at the AC10 models.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So far the ResMed S11 is the CPAP and AutoSet class. If you need a replacement, the S10 ST-A is still a good choice. I'd not opt to wait.

The 10 Series ST-A is the one I'm trialing now. I have complex Apnea and COPD. New insurance required me to get in line to get a new pulmonary care team to be in-network.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Aircurve series seems to release one to two years after the Airsense machines, with more advanced machines like ST-A being last. I would not worry about buying the Aircurve 10 ST-A. It is an outstanding machine with settings that can assure alveolar volume and provide the intelligent breath rate (iBR) where needed. Any changes in the 11 series will be to form factor, not to therapy features.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies. I found a used AirCurve ST-A 10 that I just purchased. It has less than 1,000 blower hours for $2,000. It’s expense but only half the cost of new.

When the ST-A arrives, I’ll use the Philips AVAPS as my backup and wait to see what Philips decides to do to fix it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,855 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,622 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,074 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,319 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 258 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,127 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.