Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed's ResScan 5.9 not reading SD Card reader
ResMed's ResScan 5.9 not reading SD Card reader
I have just installed ResScan 5.9 under Wine in Ubuntu 20.04.  It installed normally  and appears to run OK.  However when I go to download data from the SD card, which is plugged into a card reader in a USB drive in my computer, I get a message which tells me there are no devices available, and that I should connect a flow generator or data card and try again.
I had tried the same in Ubuntu 19.04 with exactly the same result.
I'm getting nowhere!  Can someone help please?
John.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed's ResScan 5.9 not reading SD Card reader
In most case, USB device is not seen by wine application (in Ubuntu system).
You have to a have a windows VM under Virtual Box by example.

Sometime, you have a trick by using Playon Linux and modify the embedding windows.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your attention to my dilemma.
I am using PlayonLinux.  It is able to read USB devices using other software (eg. Adobe Reader).  But ResScan fails miserably.
I don't understand your comment about using PlayonLinux to modify embedding windows.  Would you elaborate please?
Post Reply Post Reply
I know it’s not the correct answer but why not just use OSCAR it works great under Linux and is a much easier program to use. Rescan is a commercial application designed to be run under windows not as a VM under Linux.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Jas.
I have been using Sleepyhead successfully for several years. I recently upgraded to OSCAR when I found I could no longer update Sleepyhead.   More recently still I changed to an adaptive servo ventilator, a ResMed Aircurve 10 CS Pacewave ASV.  Since then I have been dissatisfied with the graphical representation of much of my sleep data.  This is the reason why I have decided to try ResScan.

The matter of running ResScan under Wine in Ubuntu appears not to be the problem.  ResScan loads successfully and has accepted my profile.  The problem occurs when I attempt to import data from the CPAP machine's SD card.  I insert the card in a reader and place that in a USB port in my desktop machine.  I instruct ResScan to import data.  A message appears telling me that:  "There is NO device available.  Connect a flow generator or data card and try again."   I'm looking for a way to tell ResScan where to look for the SD card.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe it is Wine that doesn't have the driver for external connections.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What’s wrong with the OSCAR representation of an ASV I use one and the graphs look fine for me ? Rescan is rubbish by comparison.

See my flow rate graph here the only thing I would suggest is you replace the pressure graph with the mask pressure graph for zoomed analysis as I have done

[Image: attachment.php?aid=26690]

Zoomed View Periodic breathing treated by increase in pressure

[Image: attachment.php?aid=26691]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Jas.  Thank you for your interest.
I attach some screenshots to illustrate the problem as I see it with the representation of my sleep data.  If this can be addressed and solved to my satisfaction I won't need to pursue ResScan . . .  We live in hope.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not techy enough to know exactly what is happening, but it looks like the data that builds the charts isn't either being saved correctly or it's not being built fully with the data available.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ooh yuck interesting never seen data like that unless my SD card has failed. Can you try a new SD card and sleep with the machine. If you can generate a zip file of the SD card and upload it to Bonjours drop box I think the generate zip is Under the help=>troubleshooting menu https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b but to me it looks like SD Card data corruption and I will guess Resscan won’t be able to read it either
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Help reading program Aeonmed AS100A Autocpap ZaidAddenis 1 127 03-08-2024, 10:57 PM
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 436 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,629 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.