Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan 5.9 SD card issue after reading
ResScan 5.9 SD card issue after reading
I was testing the SD card on my Windows 10 on ResScan after 3 days of usage.   The ver 5.9 software worked okay and I saved the information on the SD to my created profile in the 5.9 software.  When I returned the SD card back to my ResMed 9, I got an Invalid SD card error and had to erase / format the card.  

1. Is it possible for me re save the data on my PC back to the erased SD card?
2. Any thing I forgot to do in the Windows software that caused the error when the SD card was put back into the CPAP?

I really don't want my Doctor to know I'm had copied or read the information on the SD card next time I visit him. 

Thanks.. 

Irwin
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan 5.9 SD card issue after reading
Hello irwiny, and welcome to the forum!!!

Did you "write protect" the SD card before you put it into your reader/computer? (The little slide on the side of it).   I find it best to write protect it before inserting it into my reader/computer.  Both Windows and Mac tend to write hidden files to everything they read.  Just don't forget to make it writable again before you put it back into your xPAP machine!

Did you "Eject" the card first, or just yank it out of the computer?  If you just yanked it out then it may have corrupted the data on the card, which there may be no recovering.

At this point try putting it back into your reader/computer (writable) and see if you can still read the card with File Explorer.  There is a setting in File Explorer that will let you view hidden files.  See if windows wrote something there (I think it's System Volume Information).  It's safe to delete this this file/folder. After you get that file/folder deleted, put the card back into your xPAP and see if it works.

Edit: other than that I'm not sure if there is a way to recover the original data from ResScan. So I will leave that for someone else...

As far as your Dr.....  it's YOUR information!  It's no concern of his/hers what you do with it.  At worst you will be missing 3 days of data.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recall -> yanked the SD card out of the PC before - eject or close the ResScan software.   I was able to save the CPAP data on the SD to the added user (me) on the windows software.   I just had to initialize/erase the SD card when it was put back into the CPAP.   I will try it again after I put a couple of days data.  

Going to a sleep study tonight with my 13 year old and stay with him. It would look pretty stupid if I sit next to him with my own CPAP connected to me during his test. He had his tonsils removed a few years ago and may still have some air blockage when sleeping.  

Thanks for your reply to my post.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed S9 CPAPs are the problem child when it comes to Widows computers.   The S9 firmware doesn't tolerate the System Volume information  files.  I have a registry mod that will disable the writing of these files if you forget to Write Protect the SD card.  The download includes both disable and enable scripts.

Download: SysVolWrite.zip
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson Nape - Brilliant  Thanks  Haven't used Windows regularly since XP.  Forgot most of my tricks...  Just easier to delete things on Mac!  Bigwink

irwiny - Hope things turn out well for your son!
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
If using a USB adaptor to read your card into the PC, be aware that many adaptors do not recognise the fact a card is write protected. They are missing a little bit of hardware that detects the position of the locking slide.

The safest way is to write protect PLUS use Crimson Nape's script. Also note that the script makes the USB port read only and you can't subsequently write to a USB stick without first clearing that layer of protection.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Sad Instructions do NOT address hours used issue Plmnb 15 291 03-19-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Help reading program Aeonmed AS100A Autocpap ZaidAddenis 1 125 03-08-2024, 10:57 PM
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 430 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.