Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mac OSX Icon missing in launchpad
RE: Mac OSX Icon missing in launchpad
Well.....tried all of that with no success. I'm ready to give up and be content looking at a blank space where icon should be. I can still click on the blank space for access or leave icon in the dock. Thanks again for your help.

Bernie
Post Reply Post Reply
Just out of curiosity...
Using Finder go to your Applications folder and right click on OSCAR.app, select "Get Info" and a little window will open.  Does the OSCAR icon show up there?

Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Yes it does!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
The good news is the icon is actually there on your system. The bad news is that it is getting lost somewhere between /Applications and Launchpad.
I am out of suggestions at this point. One of those Mac mysteries for now....
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Exclaimation 
I've also had this issue for some time now, though I can't say with specificity.  I rarely use Launchpad, so this issue is more of a curiosity since I've never seen said bug before.

I'm on macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 (beta).

Regardless, thanks for all the work on the app. Love it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2020, 10:30 AM)Sora Wrote: I rarely use Launchpad, so this issue is more of a curiosity since I've never seen said bug before.

It's been a Mac bug for many years now, since Launchpad first appeared, but it's usually rare.  I saw it often enough when I used CLI to delete an app, then a question mark would show up in Launchpad where the app used to be.  The icon may just show up one day, or never appear.  I even have a couple of apps that just don't show up in Launchpad at all.  It happens....
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm having exactly this same issue.

Osar has never had an application icon in Launchpad for me, over several versions of MacOS. I do see icons in the Applications folder, the dock, or desktop shortcuts.

This has persisted through Oscar reinstallations and through a fresh install on a new MacBook, through icon cache repairs, and everything else I can think of.
Post Reply Post Reply
@mstevens

If you open Finder and go to your /Applications folder, right click on OSCAR.app and choose "Get Info".  In the window that opens look at the section that says "Preview".  Does that show an icon there?
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I can't remember which version of OSCAR broke the icon in launchpad, I haven't had one for a while. I haven't been concerned because I just keep OSCAR in my dock.

1.3.0 OSCAR on Big Sur 11.6
- No icon in launchpad
- There is an icon in OSCAR.app / info / preview
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, guess that's still a Mac thing then. Figured Apple would have fixed that by now.
I have never had an issue with the OSCAR icon in Launchpad. Other apps on occasion, yes, but never OSCAR.

If you have already tried removing that *.db file, or forcing LaunchPad/Dock to rebuild using Terminal, and it didn't work, then it's just one of those Mac quirks that will probably never be fixed by Apple.
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 321 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Flow Rate and Mask pressure missing BuzzaJim 9 527 01-30-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  Löwenstein Prisma Soft - missing days bstabens 6 733 11-26-2023, 01:12 PM
Last Post: bstabens
  Missing graphs, Philips BiPAP autoSV Advanced 30 SenatorBirch 7 649 10-22-2023, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Seems To Be Missing Some Results amarx 3 569 08-31-2023, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  "Mode and pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown." manders513 5 719 08-06-2023, 06:03 PM
Last Post: manders513
  Data missing for the last three years DanPause 4 646 07-15-2023, 12:12 PM
Last Post: DanPause

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.