Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan Compliance report error
ResScan Compliance report error
When I run the 30 day compliance report ResScan shows a message box that compliance criteria is not met.
[Image: 1]
https://twitter.com/Jim3llis/status/6354...64/photo/1

Here is the screen shot though showing the past 30 days. Notice the 2 sections highlighted. Total Usage shows a 96% use rate (29 out of 30 days), but yet the 30 Day Compliance shows 0% and compliance not met.

[Image: 1]
https://twitter.com/Jim3llis/status/6354...44/photo/1

BTW, the 60 and 90 day reports show 90% usage (>4 hours)

The compliance is set for 4 hours in the settings.

It was showing this in the previous version of ResScan. And before making this post I updated to the latest version (5.4.1) and redid the screen shot.

I believe I have an idea of where the problem is at.
I began using the bi-pap on Mar 10th. I had very bad compliance with it.
On April 22nd I was able to switch over to an AirCurve 10 ASV for 1 month.
I resumed using the bi-pap on May 21st. This created a 1 month gap in the data.
I am thinking that for some reason this gap in the data is messing up the compliance usage formula.

Anyone else experienced this, or any comments?

BTW, as a side note. My compliance with the ASV improved. But right at the end of that month was when the report came out about the ResMed study that showed ASV can cause problems for those with heart failure which would apply to me. So the doc said no way to continued use of ASV.
The good thing about that 1 month on ASV, by studying the data I was able to determine my biggest problem was with the length of the inhale cycle. By changing the TiMax to 3.2 it made a huge difference with the bi-pap. It greatly decreased the centrals and increased the usage time.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan Compliance report error
You're thinking on what the problem might be is correct. The reason is the ResScan 30-day compliance report is only based on the first 30 days since using the machine.

"<SCHEME FallbackSchemeTag='USAGE_COMPLIANCE' PreAction='SelectFirst30Days' Tag='FIRST_30_DAYS'>"

It is not a report of the last 30 days. If in the first 30 days you were not compliant, then it will forever report non-compliant on the 30-day report. Only way to fix the 30-day report is delete some older data. You can select the last 30 days in the custom report though.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2015, 10:16 AM)AlanE Wrote: You're thinking on what the problem might be is correct. The reason is the ResScan 30-day compliance report is only based on the first 30 days since using the machine.

"<SCHEME FallbackSchemeTag='USAGE_COMPLIANCE' PreAction='SelectFirst30Days' Tag='FIRST_30_DAYS'>"

It is not a report of the last 30 days. If in the first 30 days you were not compliant, then it will forever report non-compliant on the 30-day report. Only way to fix the 30-day report is delete some older data. You can select the last 30 days in the custom report though.

Thanks for the reply Alan.

Just out of curiosity, has ResMed been made aware of this inconsistency?

Seems to me that many people would have problems with this if the doc's office uses that report as the basis of what they tell the insurance company when asked about the patients compliance.

I personally ran into this with a nurse that is a bit dense, and did not want to listen to reason when asked why there is a discrepancy between that report and the actual usage.
She said that this is what the program said and that is just the way it is.......
Now I know what else I can tell her should this come up again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2015, 10:53 AM)estgad Wrote: I personally ran into this with a nurse that is a bit dense, and did not want to listen to reason when asked why there is a discrepancy between that report and the actual usage.
She said that this is what the program said and that is just the way it is.......
Now I know what else I can tell her should this come up again.

Ask her what are the dates on the 30-day report. Smile

[Image: resscan30day.PNG]

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 160 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.