Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan Data "Skew" Issue - still in version 3.16?
RE: ResScan Data "Skew" Issue - still in version 3.16?
(03-03-2012, 06:49 PM)zonk Wrote: I don,t format the SD card and don,t think there is a need as the S9 does it every time the card insert after downloading.

Could you elaborate? Dont-know

I have only had my S9 AutoSet since late December 2011, so I will never say never.

But, IMHO, the only way to format the SD Card is to externally format the SD Card. Just putting it back into the S9 will not do that.

Using the ResMed Mirage SoftGel Nasal Mask with a chinstrap

I do not use either the Ramp nor the EPR Comfort features

Have been on CPAP since December 1998

This is my 3rd machine

I use the ResMed ResScan Software (Version 3.16)
Post Reply Post Reply
I just received an Autoset S9 last week and have downloaded ResScan, but I'm still not sure about this skew issue. If I format the SD card after downloading, will there be any data for the Dr./DME to look at later, or would I just have to bring in reports instead of the card? I'm assuming that I would have to just bring reports, but I just wanted to check on the off chance that the machine might recopy the accrued summary data that is still on it back onto the card.

Is reformatting the card through ResScan sufficient? I noticed some other members talking about online software to reformat, so I just wanted to know the best way to do this.

Also, does anyone know if Resmed might have corrected this issue in the 905 firmware? That's the version I got.

Thanks Much Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2012, 05:23 PM)sleepytxmama Wrote: I just received an Autoset S9 last week and have downloaded ResScan, but I'm still not sure about this skew issue. If I format the SD card after downloading, will there be any data for the Dr./DME to look at later, or would I just have to bring in reports instead of the card? I'm assuming that I would have to just bring reports, but I just wanted to check on the off chance that the machine might recopy the accrued summary data that is still on it back onto the card.

Is reformatting the card through ResScan sufficient? I noticed some other members talking about online software to reformat, so I just wanted to know the best way to do this.

Also, does anyone know if Resmed might have corrected this issue in the 905 firmware? That's the version I got.

Thanks Much Smile

Depends on what you mean by "data for the Dr/DME to look at". Your machine retains summary data for a year, and each time you format, and again insert, your SD card, the machine will reload that data on your card. The detailed data, unless you save it each time you download it in ResScan, will be lost. SleepyHead, however, saves it all by default. So it saves a "click".

Don't know if ResMed fixed the issue. I format every 3-4 days just as a precaution.

Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sleepytxmama
I'm not expert but as I know formatting the card is not warranted as every time you put the card back into the S9, The S9 format the card.
Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2012, 06:04 PM)zonk Wrote: .... The S9 format the card.

I am unsure what zonk is referring to, as I do as I described regularly. My S9 Autoset does not format my card when I reinstall, AFAIK - it simply writes the summary info previously on it. Or perhaps it does format, and then re-installs the data, I don't know. If it did format, however, then simply taking it out and reinstalling it would do what you need. The end result, however, is that it doesn't delete your data, other than detailed.

Edit: I will check tonight and report if the S9 does indeed format.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2012, 06:17 PM)JumpStart Wrote: Edit: I will check tonight and report if the S9 does indeed format.

My S9 Autoset does NOT format the SD card when it is installed. To test this, I formatted the card on my computer (using SD Formatter), and then placed a text file on the card. When I installed it in the S9, the machine noted that the card was not valid, and offered to erase it. I declined, removed the card, and viewed it in Explorer. The text file was still there, as was a new file named journal.dat. I recorded the properties for the .dat file, removed the .txt file, and reinserted the SD card. The machine then fully installed all the summary data, BUT it also left the .dat file completely unchanged. Had it formatted the card, that file would have been deleted, and not remained as it was.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don,t know what formatting does but have observed what you just observed about the card being invalid as were some viruses in the old laptop probably trying to write something on the card and the only way for me to get around this issue is to lock the card in the card reader.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2012, 08:09 PM)zonk Wrote: I don,t know what formatting does but have observed what you just observed about the card being invalid as were some viruses in the old laptop probably trying to write something on the card and the only way for me to get around this issue is to lock the card in the card reader.

Huh?? Sorry, zonk, you lost me on the bit about viruses and locking.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2012, 07:50 PM)JumpStart Wrote: My S9 Autoset does NOT format the SD card when it is installed.

You are CORRECT!

The S9 does NOT "format" the SD card.

When it is removed & put back into the S9, the S9 merely "reads" the SD card to see what is on it.

If you DID externally "format" the SD card before replacing it into the S9, the S9 will "rewrite" onto the SD card ONLY the information that is contained in the S9 itself.

For those of you who are still in the compliance monitoring period for insurance or Medicare requirements, do NOT "format" your SD card until you have passed the compliance monitoring.

Even though you may have the information they need downloaded into the ResScan Software, some DME Providers & Sleep Doctors can NOT or just will NOT accept that as a substitute. The SD card is the ONLY thing some of them will accept.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 89 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Sad Instructions do NOT address hours used issue Plmnb 15 293 03-19-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.