Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Reset use time to a later time
RE: Reset use time to a later time
You have to work like crazy to get things right.

1) Understanding the Oscar reports.

2) Understanding the relationships between these reports (Events/Flow/Pressure/Flow Limitations).

3) Read all the Board posts every day.

4) Examine the Details and Events tabs in Oscar.

4) View every YouTube sleep apnea video you can find.

5) Got to fight tooth and nail . Simply put "doggid persistance wins through

Ignorance is not bliss.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gary, download OSCAR and post some charts. There may be some easy to solve problems that result in your unsatisfactory CPAP experience. If you are having problems meeting the minimum compliance time, that alone would explain why you continue to feel no difference in the therapy and are tired.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2022, 07:50 PM)Garyp Wrote: OK fine, whatever. Sometimes I am, sometimes I am not. Sometimes I forget to put it on and try to make it up during the day hence the reason for the clock change. 

And that is precisely the reason why CPAP manufacturers are so fussy about changing the time. They don't want people to be able to "cheat" on their compliance.

Quote:The CPAP is not my favorite thing as I cannot tell much of a difference in the way I feel when I wake up.

Can you feel any difference at all? I promise you that if you consistently use it you will start to feel better.

Quote:I have been on the stupid thing for about 5 or 6 years and most of the time I go to bed tired and wake up tired even after a night on the CPAP.

I have been on mine for almost 11 years, but my experience is not the same as yours. I use mine every time I sleep, even if it's a nap. I had trouble finding a mask that would fit but I didn't give up because I knew that without CPAP I would lead a terrible sleep-deprived life, robbed of my full cognitive abilities and physical energy, and die early from a heart attack or stroke.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2022, 01:17 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Then I went into OSCAR's preferences to set the (misnamed) Clock Drift setting to 6:00 hours. It is misnamed because it is an absolute change, not a run/slow so many  minutes per day ( which would be much! harder to implement ).

Ok, I got scared off by the Note: this is not intended for timezone corrections! Make sure your operating system clock and timezone is set correctly.

The Brain Trust at Apria set my Air11 to be in timezone GMT-7, even though they were in Kansas City setting it up to ship to me in Illinois. Oh-jeez

I've actually decided that I kind of like the machine set in MST/PDT -- I'm a night owl, and I've always claimed that my sleep habits are reasonable in another time zone! The main problem is that the pulse oximeter is programmed to sync itself to my computer's time zone setting, and so when I load the data I have to subtract 2 hours from the pulse-ox start time.

Does this mean that I can use the Clock Drift to bump the cpap time back to CDT? (and of course I will have to bump it again next weekend, so I should wait until next weekend anyway.)

Do you have instructions on how to do this correctly? Thinking about timezone corrections makes my brain feel like swiss cheese, and I know that when I change any settings in the OSCAR preferences it will reset a bunch of other settings that I figured out in the past and have now forgotten so I will have to figure out again. If clock drift can be used for a time zone correction I'm willing to try it, but would rather not do it too many times, LOL.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the 10 series i thought the time can be set at the very beginning. It can still be done but may lose data.
Post Reply Post Reply
For OSCAR, the drift clock adjustment is at:

File
Preferences
CPAP

In OSCAR there is a DST box in the profile section.
Post Reply Post Reply
Garyp thanks for posting.

My story isn't important, unless it helps you.
I've been compliant for about 35 years. I started feeling better when I took my care away from my sleep doc and managed it myself. First step was asking for help here. Second step was getting OSCAR so I could really see what was going on. If I can do it, anyone can.

I'm finally starting to feel that treatment is worthwhile. I'm trying to sleep more. I'm searching for a better mask, and I have a better machine. I didn't know how to set it up myself. The wonderful people here would make suggestions, and I would try them for a while.

I hope this helps.

DaveL
Toronto
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I do not look at any information or data on my machine because I do not have the Resmed software and even if I did, I would not know what I was looking at.

My machine did something weird the other day. It was CPAP cleaning day so I did same. When I put it back together, I plugged it in and it told me that it was reading the SD card. OK. So I walked off. I came back about 2 or so hours later and it was still reading the SD card. I popped the card out and reinstalled it. Yes i did this hot. It read the SD card an I thought everything was OK. Went to bed, put the thing on and when I took it off the next morning and checked how long I had slept, it read 12 hours. I know I did not sleep 12 hours.  Ok so the next night I put it on and had trouble going to sleep. I took it off after a very short time, a couple of hours maybe, remove the mask and just got up. The next morning it told me I had slept 11 hours. Wrong!
Just got back form my sleep doctor. His print out of my SD card and what my machine tells me are two different things. 

Do I need a new machine? It seems to blow OK.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave.
I have been on this machine for about 6 or 7 years. I go to sleep tired I use the machine and wake up tired. I just got back for my sleep doctor and his advice is to "get more sleep because you don't sleep long enough". How am I supposed to get more sleep when I wake up to go pee and can't go back to sleep?

I was excited when I first go the stupid thing because I have friends who are on CPAPs and they told me I would feel great in the morning. I call it the Nirvana moment. 6 or 7 years later, I am still waiting for that to happen. 

I will keep trying to figure out what is going on.

Even if I got the Resmed software, not interested in any aftermarket software, I would not know what I was looking at. 

Thanks again. Maybe it will get better, it is just a few more aggravating nights away for the recycle bin.
Post Reply Post Reply
If part of the cleaning process involves unplugging the S9, it is old enough to have the onboard battery to start to fail. This can affect the date and time the device is using. Also, what reporting time period do you have it set to?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 209 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,436 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 619 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,185 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 173 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 808 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.