Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Reset use time to a later time
RE: Reset use time to a later time
Download it again. this time it did not ask about Sleepyhead. But it did load. Don't like the fact that it ask some personal information. but I discovered that it is not necessary to enter the information. It also told me to lock my Resmed card as the4 card could become corrupted. 

Will piddle with it later.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please review the links in my signature. The S9 has a problem when extra files are added to the SD card. Windows 7 and newer started doing this. We do have software available to turn the feature off in Windows. It's really a feature that isn't needed to begin with.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2022, 12:29 PM)Garyp Wrote: I am pretty fed up with the whole situation. I put the mask on at night knowing that it will probably not do any good in the morning and to keep my CPAP doc from fussing at me. 

Yeah, it's not going to help much unless you make a commitment to use it every time you sleep, all the time you are sleeping. The heck with that stupid 4-hour compliance rule. That is not enough.

Until you are willing to make this commitment you will continue to lead a miserable sleep-deprived life and likely be disabled or killed by a heart attack or stroke.

Without the CPAP machine you are not really sleeping. You just think you are. Instead, what's happening is you're waking yourself up to breathe, likely several times per minute, and you have no memory of it. That is why you are tired all the time and why getting more sleep doesn't help.

When you do use the CPAP machine you have the annoying hose and pressure and mask, making the situation worse. Worse, that is, until you adapt. As you adapt you reach that crossover point where you are actually starting to get more sleep, not less. As you continue to adapt you make more and more progress towards feeling better and feeling rested. But you can never adapt without that commitment.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2022, 12:21 PM)Garyp Wrote: ..... he cannot understand that if I wake up during the night to go to the bathroom, more times than not, I do not go back to sleep. I am going to find another sleep doctor.

If you are a male.....
Just a suggestion... you might need to see a Urologist.  Your wake-ups to use the bathroom may not be Cpap related.  You could be suffering from (BPH) Benign prostatic hyperplasia  — also called prostate gland enlargement — this is a common condition as men get older.

A Urologist can help with this.  Your sleep doctor apparently isn't.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
>>> A Urologist can help with this.

What she said...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 67 1,056 1 hour ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Is there a way to change the Resmed 10 time from Miliary Time? johnathanb76 6 83 5 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Can you regain CPAP coverage after failing compliance the first time? dharma2255 5 168 Today, 12:25 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 8 181 Yesterday, 08:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 138 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 123 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 268 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.