Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Reset use time to a later time
Reset use time to a later time
I have a Resmed S9. I need to reset the daily useage time from 12:00 to a later time. Is this possible?

G
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Reset use time to a later time
Hi Garyp! - Welcome
The Resmed is hard-coded to see a day as from noon to noon. If you need to make the day pass through this time period, you will need to set the S9's clock back to a time that will allow for this. If you normally sleep from, let's say 3 AM to 3PM, setting your clock back 6 hours would produce a sleep session between 9PM and 9AM. This time frame would easily remain on the same day. Remember, it isn't the actual time that you slept that is important, it is the amount of time that you slept.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So there is not a way to just reset the timer without resetting the clock? That's dumb.

Where do I get the application (software program) that will allow me to program the clock? I want the Resmed software not after market.
Post Reply Post Reply
You set the Resmed's date and time from within the clinician menu.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
With a similar problem, I used the clinician menu to set the machine noon time to occur at 18:00 local standard time.

Then I went into OSCAR's preferences to set the (misnamed) Clock Drift setting to 6:00 hours. It is misnamed because it is an absolute change, not a run/slow so many minutes per day ( which would be much! harder to implement ).
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2022, 11:00 AM)Garyp Wrote: Where do I get the application (software program) that will allow me to program the clock? I want the Resmed software not after market.

From ResMed. You would have to be a retailer of ResMed machines.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2022, 11:00 AM)Garyp Wrote: So there is not a way to just reset the timer without resetting the clock? That's dumb.

Where do I get the application (software program) that will allow me to program the clock? I want the Resmed software not after market.

The manufacturers have been moving the other direction. Resmed used to allow clock time to be changed through the 10 series. With the newest 11 series there is no clock adjustment available even in the clinical menus.  Philips has not had a date/clock adjustment for at least 10 years. I can't tell you how many members have messed up their time by improperly setting the date and time on a machine resulting in loss of data and complaints.  It was inevitable that the ability to change the date and time would be removed.  It might be time to request an Oscar feature request to offset the machine time by xx-hours.  As far as the manufacturers are concerned, the machine clock is only there to monitor compliance, not to provide the time of day.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Garyp for asking. And everyone for answering.

I messed up setting time on my machine. It's ahead a day...I haven't fixed that.

My DME isn't helpful. I"ve taken my machine in and they have read the card for me using ResMed's program; then they formatted my SD card and I lost history. So I don't take my card in to them at all.

DaveL
Toronto
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
OK so they do not allow a clock change due to the so called compliance thing.
So has anyone on this board ever actually been "cutoff" form getting their insurance to pay for the supplies for not being compliant? Every time I go to the doctor he says I am supposed to be on the CPAP for 4 hours a day and shakes a piece of paper in my face showing me that I must be at least 75% compliant or he will have to write a letter to the insurance telling them I am not compliant and the insurance company will cut me off. OK fine, whatever. Sometimes I am, sometimes I am not. Sometimes I forget to put it on and try to make it up during the day hence the reason for the clock change. 

The CPAP is not my favorite thing as I cannot tell much of a difference in the way I feel when I wake up. I have been on the stupid thing for about 5 or 6 years and most of the time I go to bed tired and wake up tired even after a night on the CPAP. I have complained to my doctor about this and he just tells me I need to get more sleep. I have been tempted to just throw the stupid thing in the trash especially after a night of mask leaks. I know, I should change mask. I am using a Respironics Amara View and it is the only mask I have found that does not consistently leak. 

Oh well, I guess I will keep fighting it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried using OSCAR to look at your data? It runs on almost any computer - but not phones or tablets.

Do you even look ant your daily AHI report on the machines screen? If you can't scroll down to see a breakdown of the types of apneas, you should go into the Clinical menu to set Essentials to Plus. That way you can get an idea of how well the machine is working for you.

With OSCAR, you can get a better idea, and with suggestions from more experienced forum members, you can optimize your therapy.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 215 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,455 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 624 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 245 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,204 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 175 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 812 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.