Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resetting the motor error message on a ResMed 10
Resetting the motor error message on a ResMed 10
Hello All,

I have a ResMed 10 that started to give me the "Motor has exceeded its life expectancy", fortunately my insurance sees this as a broken item, eligible for a replacement. So now I have a ResMed 11 as my main unit. I did some research and found that chancing the motor on the ResMed 10 isn't difficult, and I've ordered a new motor so I could have a second CPAP as a backup.  My question is does anyone know how you reset the Motor Error message? Do I need to completely erase the data from the CPAP to do this? I'd rather not lose all my data and settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resetting the motor error message on a ResMed 10
stagebuilder;
The only way to reset the total hours and motor life warning 
is to send it to a factory authorized service center ..
Supplier 28 on the list can and there are others listed ..
But they may want to do the work also .. 
I believe they recalibrate sensors and other work before they
reset a machine ..
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Also the odds of it just quitting outright at the limit when the error appears are nil so I'd not be in any great rush to change the blower motor because it could last for 5 years more.
Post Reply Post Reply
Per my supplier, they said the motor would probably last another 1 1/2 years before completely dying. 

I just want this unit as a back up, and there’s nothing worse than your CPAP not working in the middle of the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve been using a ResMed S9 CPAP for around 10 years and it’s had that message on it for over a year now, but she’s still tickin’ along quite nicely, for what it’s worth.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV Motor Life Exceeded message Sterling147 18 467 07-08-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] ResMed A10 Run Hours for Motor Life Exceeded Sleepster 9 427 06-19-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  S9 Motor replacement bcourson 1 166 06-19-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: patlink
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 3,322 06-11-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Sad error on resmed 11 severe air leak forzalazio 5 520 05-10-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: forzalazio
  ResMed blower motor disassembly PinehillJoe 3 288 04-15-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  S9 Blower Motor vk3hjq 106 18,346 04-06-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Restrepo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.