Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed A10 Motherboard Battery
RE: Resmed A10 Motherboard Battery
(02-26-2022, 06:12 PM)LindanHotAir Wrote: You can get a diamond cutoff wheel for your Dremel and cut off the old battery and use a separate battery with leads as John vk3hjq suggested. You can stick the new battery in place with hot melt glue or silicone RTV adhesive.

Battery comes with an Adhesive pad on it (no need to glue), why do you need to Dremel the old 1 off, these type of batteries have the tags spot welded on 1st, then they are soldered onto the circuit board, so just unsolder it.

By the looks of it, similar to this tag battery below.

John vk3hjq  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed A10 Motherboard Battery
(02-27-2022, 06:02 AM)vk3hjq Wrote: Battery comes with an Adhesive pad on it (no need to glue), why do you need to Dremel the old 1 off, these type of batteries have the tags spot welded on 1st, then they are soldered onto the circuit board, so just unsolder it.

By the looks of it, similar to this tag battery below.

John vk3hjq  Smile

Sorry to resurrect this oldie, but I'm doing this now (got the case soaking in vinegar) and I want to replace that battery.  John, where did you get that picture?  It's the *exact* replacement!  Most of these solder-tail batteries have a 20mm spacing... my usual suspects (DigiKey and Mouser) don't have one with 18mm between the legs.  I can bend one and make it work... or I can try and get the exact one.  BTW the screen cover unclips and comes off, don't be skeert.

BION, I got off my butt and reverse-image searched the picture... turns out that Mouser *does* sell the part, as a Panasonic, which I much prefer!  Here's their link:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Pan...upRw%3D%3D

Crazy that it didn't come up under their search matrix for CR-2032... we are one-day-ground from them but they still drive me crazy sometimes.

Got the new motor from Amazon, going to have a backup AS10 now!  Anyone finds an easy way to clear the motor hours let me know... pretty sure this battery change won't do that.
__
Steve KI5YG
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 9 235 Yesterday, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Tmjidaho
  [Equipment] BEFORE YOU BUY A MEDISTROM BATTERY srlevine1 0 169 Yesterday, 12:20 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 339 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 54 4,832 04-01-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Charliejoe
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 2,104 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 285 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
Question [Equipment] Proprietary Dreamstation Battery Cables? NorthernGuy 25 11,631 01-19-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Pastrywagon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.