Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problems exhaling but not all the time.
Problems exhaling but not all the time.
This is the third day I’ll be using my first CPAP machine. I have the Resmed Airsense 11 Autoset with a pressure of 12 that my doctor prescribed. I use the Airfit N20 nasal mask. I don’t like the ramp setting and I have EPR set to 3. The mode is set to CPAP at a constant 12.  

Im having a problem though with exhaling. I have to forcefully exhale which is keeping me up. But the thing is, it’s not all the time. Sometimes I can exhale completely normal. Well normal for the most part. But I mean normal as in it’s not like I’m struggling to exhale. I reached out to my DME and they said I would need to talk to my doctor but I don’t think my doctor is going to know the technical stuff of the machine..
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problems exhaling but not all the time.
check to see if your EPR is set for full time.  If not make the change and see if that helps.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
It doesn’t give me an option to not make it full time.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2022, 03:51 PM)tsgoodwin23 Wrote: << above >>

In the Clinician Menu for EPR, it does have options for Ramp-Only, etc.  We're just trying to confirm it's not set for Ramp-Only.

Was it your choice to be CPAP-only or your doctor's?  Just wondering if you've experimented previously with APAP-mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh it does say full time sorry. And it wasn’t the doctors order that I know of. But with my insurance I’m not renting it and I’m not under the compliance clause. I own the machine so if I want to change it I will. What do you suggest?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 205 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,763 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,007 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 616 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.