Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed ASV vs Respironics ASV
RE: Resmed ASV vs Respironics ASV
This may be a bit off topic, but I'm using a Respironics DreamStation BiPap autosv, and I wear a Resmed AirTouich F20 mask. The DraemStatioon wants me to enter the setting for the Mask Type based on the Mask Resistance. There is nothing on the packaging of my mask that indicates what the Mask Resistance is. Any assistance?
Post Reply Post Reply
With a non Philips mask set the resistance to 0
Post Reply Post Reply
Which ASV to ask for and why?

For most, the ResMed 10 ASV gives better results compared to Respironics. The main difference is in the algorithm, it operates smoother and more natural for most. Side note between the two is that the Respironics has more settings whereas the ResMed has 4 therapy oriented settings. On that ResMed, IPAP is algorithm controlled based on that moments EPAP and PS.

Some users will actually do better on Respironics, but it seems the majority can’t lose by choosing ResMed.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am on the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV also. I am quite impressed with how well works in spite of mask leakage. Best wishes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2019, 06:19 AM)Chochim Wrote: Thank all of you for the information. It would be nice if I could try them both before making a decision but that will probably not be possible. I will try to get the Resmed if it is available to me.

Did you get the ResMed? Hope it is going well for you - 
for me, they gave me an overnight sleep study using both ResMed ASV and Respironic ASV, and it showed that I did much better with the ResMed, and that is how I was able to get the ResMed AirCurve ASV, since my Respironics ASV I was using was only 3 years old . . .
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2019, 02:58 AM)Shift Worker Wrote: Not to jump on the ResMed AirCurve bandwagon, but this is the ASV machine I use and am very happy with the therapy it provides. This was easy to get used to and therefore my compliance has been easy. I did get a Dr and technician that both agreed that this was the best machine for me and were very knowledgeable on its function. At first for me, I could not get more then 4 hours of sleep using my ASV but after a while my body and brain became accustom to getting real sleep and am now able to sleep for at least seven or eight hours and feel great in the morning, like I have really slept all that time!  
Just my 2 cents on my ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV. I have not used any other ASV.

(05-31-2019, 10:32 AM)ruach Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 06:19 AM)Chochim Wrote: Thank all of you for the information. It would be nice if I could try them both before making a decision but that will probably not be possible. I will try to get the Resmed if it is available to me.

for me, they gave me an overnight sleep study using both ResMed ASV and Respironic ASV, and it showed that I did much better with the ResMed, and that is how I was able to get the ResMed AirCurve ASV, since my Respironics ASV I was using was only 3 years old . . .

Yes, I got the Resmed and it is working very well for me. AHI's averaging less than 2 with some mask leaks. Less than 1 if no leaks. Probably will take me a while to figure out what works best without leaking. Trying different masks but still have not found the perfect solution.
Post Reply Post Reply
Chochim

Yes, I got the Resmed and it is working very well for me. AHI's averaging less than 2 with some mask leaks. Less than 1 if no leaks. Probably will take me a while to figure out what works best without leaking. Trying different masks but still have not found the perfect solution.
________________________________________________________________________________________

That's great to know - the mask can be a challenge to find out what works best- for me - the airlift P10 works well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2019, 03:20 PM)Chochim Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 02:58 AM)Shift Worker Wrote: Not to jump on the ResMed AirCurve bandwagon, but this is the ASV machine I use and am very happy with the therapy it provides. This was easy to get used to and therefore my compliance has been easy. I did get a Dr and technician that both agreed that this was the best machine for me and were very knowledgeable on its function. At first for me, I could not get more then 4 hours of sleep using my ASV but after a while my body and brain became accustom to getting real sleep and am now able to sleep for at least seven or eight hours and feel great in the morning, like I have really slept all that time!  
Just my 2 cents on my ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV. I have not used any other ASV.

(05-31-2019, 10:32 AM)ruach Wrote:

FWIW I believe the mask choice will be lots harder than choosing the machine brand.

Congrats on getting your ResMed.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Chochim, don't forget to update your user profile to reflect the change in equipment: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp.php

This will help as you move forward so others will know what equipment and settings you use.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am being switched from CPAP to ASV and am waiting for the DME to schedule an appointment.  When they called last week, they said I would be using the Philips Respironics machine.  When I asked why not the ResMed, the gal told me that my Dr had ordered a setting that the ResMed machine doesn't have.  I've tried finding more information on the differences in the 2 ASV machines but am not having any luck.   Are they just selling me a more expensive machine?  Or what.. I am waiting for my appointment but I want to see documentation of the differences.  Anyone know differences?  Seems to me that I saw a big difference in price!  

Thank you,
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,804 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 263 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 857 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 857 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,674 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,385 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck
  Respironics Recall Resolved Jeremy H 0 369 09-16-2023, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Jeremy H

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.