Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Whats the best new machine??
Whats the best new machine??
Hi, think its time to look at a new cpap machine as the one I have, a resmed S9, has got 23665 hrs on it,and looking through these pages that seems a lot, 
any suggestions on what would be a good variable pressure machine ,as Im still snoring and adjusting pressures.
thanks  Marilyn
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Whats the best new machine??
S9 is a series, which model, and do you have any other medical conditions?

For OSA
ResMed AirSAense 10 AutoSet or the AtuoSet for Her variant. (APAP)
ResMed AitCurve 10 VAuto (BiLevel) it is better and more adjustable, more expensive, and is the next class up from the AutoSet.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the S9 autoset for her
 and at present no other health issues
thank you for your reply
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd go with the new series. It's the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her, it'll be more or less the same, just a new series, lower miles, and a different look. Also, it should be copy/paste-ish on the settings. At least to start. If OSCAR charts are posted with the new machine, we can suggest setting edits as required.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, looks like the resmed autosense 10 is the way to go..
seems I can get one sent  from USA cheaper than I can buy it for here in Australia Sad
will be back seeking help on AHI when I get set up
thanks Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2020, 12:04 AM)marilyn212 Wrote: Thanks, looks like the resmed autosense 10 is the way to go..
seems I can get one sent  from USA cheaper than I can buy it for here in Australia Sad
will be back seeking help on AHI when I get set up
thanks Smile

Hello Marilyn

You're correct - a machine from the US, even after you get slugged with Aus GST, will still be considerably cheaper than buying one from an Aussie supplier.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got my Resmed from the states in December 2015 and it's been going well ever since. Only down side is if you have a problem it has to be sent back to the states.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,198 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Jojo07 Therapy: Whats going on with my flow rate? jojo07 6 702 09-24-2023, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,797 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [CPAP] Whats the secret? Fred N 4 827 03-29-2022, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Snorekal
Rainbow I get same symptoms at the same time every night - whats going on . Jimmy Boy 4 857 03-22-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Jimmy Boy
  Oscar screenshot. Can anyone advise whats next? legrunt 40 3,384 11-27-2021, 08:02 PM
Last Post: legrunt

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.