Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed AirFit F30 FFM
Resmed AirFit F30 FFM
That's what I've been using as of late. It's been working fine, until now. I've been getting mask leaks. I put on a new cushion and made sure the head straps are tensioned properly. 

The 1st part of the night (4-5 hrs. or so) there's no problem. Then it begins to leak. I make the necessary adjustments but it's no use. So.....off comes the mask and I go back to sleep. 

I tried going back to my AirFit F20, and it was okay, but sure as there's icing on cake, my nose will itch, and I can't scratch it. I tried it for a few nights, gave up and went back to my F30. 

I'm assuming that the silicone heats up enough to make it flimsy / too pliable. That was my only glimmer of hope during this therapy, that my mask was working well, even if I'm not feeling the affects of the therapy itself. 

I'm not familiar with other FFM's. I'm a die-hard mouth breather, and a side sleeper. That's what I liked about the F30, it did the job until it no longer did.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirFit F30 FFM
Fwiw, I have tried dozens of FF masks to avoid having to use a cervical collar to solve mouth breathing, but I cannot for the life of me ever get any of them to not leak excessively. I keep trying but eventually am forced back to the P10 with collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks mrmagloo

Soon as I think i've solved it new troubles come. Bahhh humbuggg...
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I have the F30 and many times I have woken up but I trade you a nasal pillow mask for the rest of the night. Just pop one off slide the other on and back to sleep. The 2 nd half I have mouth leaks but I get 3 to 6 hours with the ffm.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
If I didn't sleep as well w/o my machine and mask, I'd be more prone to find a solution. But, therein lies the problem! I sleep just as well (if not better) w/o the machine. 

In the back of my mind, I guess I'm just not fully convinced that my sleep apnea problem is all that serious. If I sleep w/o my gear, I do great. 

No problems or issues, compared to some on here.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
My grandfather passed at 72.
My father passed at 76. He had sleep apnea; not diagnosed. They hadn't invented it then. ;-) just guessing... His issue...heart.

I'm soon 75. Let's see if this stuff works.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I turn 67 in late October. My father passed @ age 86. He had a quadruple by-pass when he was in his mid 40's. Once he recovered from that, he never had another heart issue. 

No one in my immediate family had sleep apnea. Didn't know of any relatives that had it either. 

I suppose if I had symptoms that were more pronounced, I'd be more concerned. Truth-be-told, I don't want to live to be in my mid 80's. If I live to be in my late 70's, I'll have nothing to complain about. 

It'll be three years of therapy for me on the 11th. I know I've spoken about sticking with it for 5 yrs. or so. Not sure if I'll realize that or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you turn 75 you may have other thoughts!
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2021, 08:58 PM)staceyburke Wrote: When you turn 75 you may have other thoughts!

It's a long & drawn out story, and I won't go to the trouble of trying to explain it. But......I knew from a young age (13 or so) that I wouldn't have any children of my own, and that I'd only live to see 65 or so. 

No kids of my own and I'm still alive. And yes, I do have some anxiety about being as old as I am.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, I'm using an Airtouch F20... and when my nose itches, I just push my finger under the seal to scratch it, leaks be damned. Sure it hisses like a ** for a few seconds, but right after that, it's back to bliss.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,663 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,673 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,507 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,944 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,295 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,721 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 361 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.