Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed AirSense 10 Heater Plate Temperature
RE: Resmed AirSense 10 Heater Plate Temperature
Jay - "Horse Feathers!"  Look at this link to see how you access the Clinician's menu.  Link: https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info This is where you can change the setting to allow adjustment from the patient menu.   All the DME really cares about is your compliance, so that can get paid.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
PS my ASV came from Apria. Guess who controlled my settings? Me. They lied to you.

My new DME RT at Lincare knows I will change settings on any machine I'm issued. She's not concerned or offended. She stated I know what I'm doing far above the doctors that guess.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2021, 07:19 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Push and hold both Home and the control Dial in together for about 5 seconds. You're now in the Clinical Menu. Change things yourself as the incompetent Dr. Quack isn't doing a thing for you.

Also get your machine manual above in the top black banner "CPAP Setup Manual". You need to search for your exact machine, the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet, according to your left panel user data.

Hmm. Very good info. Thank you.

That was an interesting System menu. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a Manual option in humidifier. Nor a temperature control.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK I've got a clarified answer on choosing the AutoSet Climate Control manual/automatic mode selection. My Dust Collector AutoSet will allow this IF the heated hose is connected. You can access Auto Manual mode from the main screen, no clinical menu access required.

Image of my AutoSet with heated hose connected.

[attachment=33048]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2021, 09:32 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: OK I've got a clarified answer on choosing the AutoSet Climate Control manual/automatic mode selection. My Dust Collector AutoSet will allow this IF the heated hose is connected. You can access Auto Manual mode from the main screen, no clinical menu access required.

Image of my AutoSet with heated hose connected.

Understood. I don't have the heated hose. I also don't have the option to choose heated hose: I have SlimLine and Standard. I put it on Standard and tested the warmup but it made no difference. Thank you again! I'll open it up in the morning and test the fuse and voltage. Pretty sure there isn't a security sticker to indicate I've done so.

Best
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed PAPs auto select heated hose as soon as it's connected. So if there's no heated hose, it seems neither of the heated hose selection or Auto/Manual mode for humidifier will be seen.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2021, 09:45 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: ResMed PAPs auto select heated hose as soon as it's connected. So if there's no heated hose, it seems neither of the heated hose selection or Auto/Manual mode for humidifier will be seen.

Makes sense. The firmware is slightly 'smarter' than it lets on. Dumb in other areas. I thank you for making all the effort to troubleshoot this with me. ??

Hoping tomorrow I'll know more once I crack it open and whip out the multi-tester.
Post Reply Post Reply
Excerpts from Page 11 of the clinical manual - -

Climate Control Auto
Climate Control Auto is the recommended and default setting. Climate Control Auto is designed to
make therapy as easy as possible, so there is no need to change the temperature or humidity
settings.
The Tube Temperature is set to 80°F (27°C) and Climate Control adjusts the humidifier output to
maintain a constant, comfortable humidity level of 85% relative humidity while protecting against
rainout (water droplets in the air tubing and mask).

Climate Control Manual
Designed to offer more flexibility and control over settings, Climate Control Manual lets the patient
adjust the temperature and humidity to the setting which is most comfortable for them.
In Climate Control Manual, the Tube Temperature and the Humidity Level can be set independently
however, rainout protection is not guaranteed. If rainout does occur, first try increasing the tube
temperature.

Tube Temperature
If the air in the mask feels too warm or too cold, the patient can adjust the temperature to find what
is most comfortable or turn it off completely. The Tube Temperature can be set to anywhere
between 60–86°F (16–30°C).

=================================================
You can get the Climate Line Air tubing on Amazon for about $25. Plug it into the back of the machine such that the electrical conductor on the tube mates up with the receptacle on the machine. After you plug it in, the machine will recognize Climate Line Air and you will have the ability to adjust both the temperature and the humidity level. I can't remember whether you make those adjustments via the patient menu or the clinical menu, but a little experimenting will answer that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your writing JayM. Keep at it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2021, 10:04 PM)clownbell Wrote: Excerpts from Page 11 of the clinical manual - -

Climate Control Auto
Climate Control Auto is the recommended and default setting. Climate Control Auto is designed to
make therapy as easy as possible, so there is no need to change the temperature or humidity
settings.
The Tube Temperature is set to 80°F (27°C) and Climate Control adjusts the humidifier output to
maintain a constant, comfortable humidity level of 85% relative humidity while protecting against
rainout (water droplets in the air tubing and mask).

Climate Control Manual
Designed to offer more flexibility and control over settings, Climate Control Manual lets the patient
adjust the temperature and humidity to the setting which is most comfortable for them.
In Climate Control Manual, the Tube Temperature and the Humidity Level can be set independently
however, rainout protection is not guaranteed. If rainout does occur, first try increasing the tube
temperature.

Tube Temperature
If the air in the mask feels too warm or too cold, the patient can adjust the temperature to find what
is most comfortable or turn it off completely. The Tube Temperature can be set to anywhere
between 60–86°F (16–30°C).

=================================================
You can get the Climate Line Air tubing on Amazon for about $25. Plug it into the back of the machine such that the electrical conductor on the tube mates up with the receptacle on the machine. After you plug it in, the machine will recognize Climate Line Air and you will have the ability to adjust both the temperature and the humidity level. I can't remember whether you make those adjustments via the patient menu or the clinical menu, but a little experimenting will answer that.

Genius. Thanks. I used a cheap IR heat tester and it read 84F on the hot plate. Per your info 80F is normal for the tube temperature. However, the 'warm' sensation and humidity in the mask hasn't been felt for a couple weeks now, when the humidity languished and the odd smell appeared. Bizarre considering the manual cautions about touching the hot plate that presumably only gets to 86F max. Of course, the Climate Control Manual is discussing the tube temperature, not the plate?

Not to beat a dead horse; but, after about a year the machine's cool-down process seemed to last all day. Half a tank of water would evap without even using it. That seems to have stopped. There be Gremlins I tell ya.

Again, thank you all. I'll just have to stick it out in the Twilight Zone for a tad longer.

J
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 358 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,719 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
Sad CSA, Body temperature and Spicy foods. Boodmaster 4 794 03-26-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,599 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,765 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.