Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed AirSense 10 questions
Resmed AirSense 10 questions
My Philips DreamStation is probably part of the recall.  Since it's right at 5 years old, there's probably nothing that Philips is going to do to help me out, so I'm checking on the Resmed AirSense.

I have the DreamStation Auto, so the AirSense 10 AutoSet would be the one I'm looking at.

A couple of questions:

1) I do not, and have never, used a humidifier.  From what I can see, the AirSense comes with a humidifier.  Can I run it without the humidifier?  Can it be run dry?  Is there a setting for not using it?

2) I do not need, and do not want, any cell service.  I buy online from one of the suppliers on this forum's list, and have no need to add any expense for a cell modem I won't use.  Is there a way to order without that?  If not, is there an easy way to turn it off, or disable or remove it?

I might think of something else, but for now this seems plenty.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirSense 10 questions
You can turn off the humidifier and just leave it dry. Or they do make a door that replaces the humidifier chamber but it costs more.

It comes with a modem but you do not have to register it and if you don’t there is nowhere for it to send any information.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Further to the modem usage, all data charges are paid by ResMed; there is no cost to the user.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you were paranoid, you would disconnect the modem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpI0AVoCG3M
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the carrying case pretty good?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes it is a good case, room for everything and you can fly with it as a carry on.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
OK - final question, maybe:

Am I looking at the correct model? Sometimes the terminology for different brands is slightly different.

I want the auto-adjust CPAP where I can set a low and high pressure limit and the machine will auto-adjust to find the best pressure.

It looks like Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet is the one I'm going to be looking at?

I see there's one labeled "For Her".

Can it be ordered without the modem? or is it always included?

--

I left a message last night with my DME (one of the on-line suppliers) to see if they had heard anything more about the Philips recall. My Dreamstation is right at 5 yrs old, so I may just avoid any hassle of replacement, repairs, or rebates and go ahead and get the Resmed while they are still available. If Philips does end up repairing or whatever my DreamStation, then I'll have a nice spare or one I can donate.
Post Reply Post Reply
D'oh!

I thought I was finished with questions!

Need to verify:

There's an SD card (or at least a slot)?
It's OSCAR compatible?
It does record detailed info?
Post Reply Post Reply
Other autoset and autoset hot her are identical except the for her has one more mode that is more like the dreamstation.

My wife tried to get the for her but our DME said they only stocked the autoset. They told me the only difference was the case. Not true but we took it instead of fighting for the for her model. It’s has bee excellent.

I don’t think you can get it without the modem. But as I told you if you don’t register it no data can be sent. Also as another poster stated you can disable it but I see no reason to do that.

BYW they use the modem to be check on compliance and you did not get it and sell it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 143 11 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,714 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,593 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,760 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.