Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airmini software
RE: Resmed Airmini software
Sorry I've only just seen this.

I was assuming data uploads would occur via the bluetooth connection to my (Android) phone (which works fine)

You are suggesting the Air Mini is trying to make a direct connection? - and even if that is so shouldn't a machine specifically built for travel be compatible internationally? There is also no mention of modem set up /connection in the paperwork or indication on the machine itself suggesting it is connecting (other than the bluetooth light).
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2018, 07:30 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: mcsblues,
The U.S. Resmed version has a CDMA cellular modem.  I think all other Resmed's use a GSM modem.  That is the problem.

Wrong.

The AirMini has no WWAN modem at all.  It connects via Bluetooth to the AirMini App on a smart device, and the App uses the connectivity of the Internet smart device to send the sleep data to whatever cloud address Resmed has configured for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are agreeing with me Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Haha. Globalization. 
An AU brand, presumably designed in US, made in SG then exported back to US to be re-imported to SG to be sold at more than twice the price.
Post Reply Post Reply
The following quote per ResMed:

"Once patients download or update the latest "AirMini by ResMed 1.2" app, and opt in to upload data to the cloud, home medical equipment (HME) providers can view the same reports, charts, notes and therapy thresholds in AirView like they can for ResMed's bedside Air10 devices, helping them monitor more patients in less time. HMEs can register their patients' AirMini devices through AirView, Brightree or U-Sleep patient management platforms just as they would a ResMed Air10 bedside device."

Maybe this helps.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It would help .. if I shelled out the extra $800 and bought the machine from Resmed Australia.

Much as I'd like the extra data I dislike extortion just a little bit more Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
Folks - perhaps this is a stupid question, and my apologies if it is, BUT what would be involved to get yourself set up as a clinician to view the data from the Mini in AirView??  I really like being able to view all the detailed data from my S10 in SleepyHead - I presume that same data is (or can be sent) from the Mini to AirView.

Do they require proof that you are a practicing doctor or something to set up an AirView account??

Thanks...
Post Reply Post Reply
Airview is available only to DME's and Healthcare professionals. You would have to be able to verify that.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2018, 07:06 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Airview is available only to DME's and Healthcare professionals. You would have to be able to verify that.

And possibly pay for the service?

From some of the board posts it sounded like they charge DMEs and doctors for AirView, but I'm not sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2018, 10:34 AM)Stom Wrote:
(07-23-2018, 07:06 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Airview is available only to DME's and Healthcare professionals. You would have to be able to verify that.

And possibly pay for the service?

From some of the board posts it sounded like they charge DMEs and doctors for AirView, but I'm not sure.

Oh yes! It's all about the money. It's not free.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 119 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 21,203 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 220 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Is the AirMini worth it vs. AirSense 11 labrat 10 1,147 02-22-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Jogreentree
  Connect Medistrom Pilot 12 Plus to Airsense 11 and Airmini? ICS55 2 344 02-18-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: ICS55
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 429 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 999 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.