Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed F30 Head Gear Problem
Resmed F30 Head Gear Problem
I’ve been on CPAP since 2016. Mouth breather so I use a full face mask. 

I’ve been through about every full face mask out there and then finally tried the ResMed F30. Great fit, no leaks, ability to wear glasses, more compact, etc. A godsend!

Two complaints I do have about this model, though:

1) the strap and junction of the straps crosses right on top of where my ear attaches to my head. This has irritated the living daylights out of that area and I actually had to trim the strap and the junction area to clear that angle. Tightening the top head strap didn’t pull it up enough.  I wish ResMed would redesign that for ear clearance. 

2) the magnets are weak and too easily detach from the frame. Those should be replaced by plastic hooks. 

Aside from that I love this mask!  No more irritation at the bridge of the nose, far less air leaking. 

Anybody have a similar problem with the F30?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed F30 Head Gear Problem
Yep, me, too.

I took the top strap and shortened it a LOT, and loosened it in the back to compensate. It gets a weird pucker at the junction between top and back strap on each side, but it fits much better and is well off my ears.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed F30 Head Gear Problem
I agree completely, I have the same problem. I think I have an average size head and I believe they should redesign the head strap or offer it in a smaller size.

I did make a modification to the upper head strap that allows more adjustability. I cut the stitching on the top strap and glued velcro on it. Easy fix.

[Image: 6oVbrc5.jpg]

[Image: axzo99r.jpg]

Excuse my melon head, car54
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Head position optimization apneavolt 11 341 04-16-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,936 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,504 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,850 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 375 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 590 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 283 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.