Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Field Safety Notice
Resmed Field Safety Notice
Back on May 13, 2015, Resmed put out an urgent field safety notice that was entitled, "Increased Risk of Cardiovascular Death with Adaptive Servo-Ventilation (ASV) Therapy for Patients with Symptomatic Chronic Heart Failure with Reduced Ejection Fraction"

Does anyone know of, or does anyone have information as to whether there is any new material that may have been published regarding this subject matter??  

Just want to see if there were any additional studies or additional information that was provided since the date of this last notice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Field Safety Notice
I don't have the details at hand, but I believe this relates to a study that showed poor results for people with left ventricular ejection fraction less than 45%. It was later shown that the study was flawed, but I don't know the name of the newer study, nor its details.

Others may have more information closer at hand.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
My summary of the original notice resulting from the SERVE-HF study and follow-up in the more recent ADVENT-HF study is in this wiki https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...nd_Summary
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sleeprider for the link to the written information.  You have always been there to assist me in several matters, and just want to thank you sir.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! It means a lot. I put a lot of effort into trying to make sense of what sometimes makes no sense at all. and I really appreciate when that effort is recognized.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Shout out to Sleeprider:  I don't use an ASV but just to let you know how much I appreciate your comments  Thanks  on the various technical issues brought out in this forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may wish to review "Adaptive servo ventilation for sleep apnoea in heart failure: the FACE study 3-month data" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8762030/
and Cohort profile: FACE, prospective follow-up of chronic heart failure patients with sleep-disordered breathing indicated for adaptive servo ventilation https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7371028/
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: FDA Fire Safety Alert Dreamstation 2 Gideon 15 1,385 12-03-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: kotaKat
  [Equipment] Safety of memory foam CPAP cushions shutto 0 724 02-05-2023, 12:24 PM
Last Post: shutto
Gross [Equipment] Climate Line Tubing and Electric Field Kafka82 2 905 04-21-2022, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Sleep8 AirFit F20 Safety Question astraith 4 1,007 03-16-2021, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  SSC safety [Data First Night, see post 7] Chalkie 12 1,492 10-06-2020, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Chalkie
  [News] Privacy Policy & Legal Notice SuperSleeper 0 732 07-12-2020, 03:23 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  FDA issues Safety Communications on ozone and UV cleaners Gideon 4 2,033 02-28-2020, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Melman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.