Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed H5i Humidifier
Resmed H5i Humidifier
I'm fairly new at this, was diagnoses last august with moderate OSA, and bought a CPAP machine. Was told a humidifier might help, so I just got a Resmed H5i humidifier to go with my S9,

All the literature I see for it shows me a menu which allows me to set the humidity level, however on my machine all I see is a menu for temperature.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Can anyone give me any numbers to what the ideal setting(s) should be?

If I set it to off will it still humidify at the ambient temperature?

Thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed H5i Humidifier
Are you using a climateline? Sounds like your humidification is set to auto. The temp setting is for climateline hose. To be able to set humi and hose temp on main setting you will have to go into clinicians menu and set climate control to "patient". To do this start at home screen and hold down the knob button and the settings button (bottom next to screen with 2 checkmarks) simultaneously for 3 seconds. This takes you into clinical menu. Turn knob one click ccw to get to the menu with climate control. Climate control should be near top of menu. Click knob on Climate control and then choose "Patient".

You can look at the clinicians manual for your machine on this forum, but be careful about changing any of the settings. You do so of your own volition and at your own risk.

When adjusting your own humi and hose temp. Humi too high and hose temp too low can cause rain out (condensation collecting in hose).
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I am using a climateline, so I'm now assuming that the humdity becomes auto controlled? Am i right in thinking that the air will be heated to whatever temperature i set? or is it just the temperature to create the humidity?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
The temperature setting only controls the temperature of the climateline. When the humidifier is set to auto, it will automatically adjust the humidification and heating plate temp to what they claim is the optimal humidity possible while reliably preventing rain out. The higher the temp on the climateline, the higher the humidifier will be able to heat and still not cause rain out. The H5i will also self adjust for relative humidity on auto. If you disconnect the climateline, you will see that you can set the desired humidity level (represented by a water drop) 1 - 6 when you are not using the climateline. When you connect the climateline your climate controls, when set to auto, will self adjust. To be able to manually set humidity with the climateline you need to set it to either "manual" or "patient". Many people are fine with it set to auto. I put mine on "patient" so the controls are out on the main menu and set my humidity to 6 (as high as it will go) and my climateline to 86 deg. (also the highest) because I really like the moist air due to sinus problems and deviated septum. I think they made the auto mode a little too conservative on humi so they could guarantee you won't ever have rain out. I've found that I can leave my humi all the way up as long as I'm using the climateline and it's at 86 deg., but I have pretty dry air in my house because of electric heat.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 763 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 353 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,160 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 319 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 786 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 514 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.