Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed N20 mask and sleeping on the side leakage
Resmed N20 mask and sleeping on the side leakage
So, I recently changed my mask to Resmed N20, which works really well for me as far as getting low AHI.  

Since it's much smaller than my previous mask, the F20, I was hoping I can sleep on my side easily, and when I'm on my side it leaks.  

Anybody with N20 mask face this problem. and was a there a good fix for this issue?    

Maybe I should look into getting a nasal pillow now.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed N20 mask and sleeping on the side leakage
I switched from the Wisp with a large cushion to an N20 with a medium cushion a couple of months ago and noticed a huge difference. Then I noticed a little leaking from the medium cushion and switched to the small cushion -- again, a big improvement. And I am a side sleeper, sometimes I find myself facing toward the pillow. I do try to keep my face near the edge of the pillow. And now the only leaks I get are where the pressure pushes the air through my mouth. Maybe try a smaller cushion??
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the advice, I will try that. My DME provided Large and Medium, and ended up with Medium perhaps due to better seal? Have not tried small yet. I use a shallow pillow for when I'm back-sleeping so that I don't chin-tuck, but it's not good for side-sleeping.

As a partial side-sleeper I'm gravitated to change to side when I need to relive some tension in the body from back sleep it seems.

I'm luvvin the mask though. Very small.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a die hard side sleeper and I started out using the AirFirt F20. I did okay with it. When the F30 came out, I snagged one up and it's now my go-to mask. 

I still experience some mask leakage, but it's minimal. I simply readjust and go back to sleep. Most of the time, I seem to do that when I'm half asleep anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a P30i and sleep on my side occasionally. It was only one that worked well. Others leaked like a sinking ship.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 418 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 214 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 986 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 826 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 440 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 107 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 209 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.