Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed N30 hissing leak
Resmed N30 hissing leak
Has anyone else noticed the leak between the N30 cushion and the mask it attaches to?
There is annoying hiss of air that leaks here.
No way I can make this "fit" better.
[attachment=22330]

The only way I can eliminate this hissing is to press it on more tightly and then tape it down, top and bottom, careful to not tape up the vents of course.
[attachment=22331]
Haven’t decided yet what variable effects this, how I wash/dry/store the cushion. It is only about 1 month old.

Taped down, hissing now gone.
[attachment=22332]

Is this a known fault,
Did I do something wrong?
Surely this is not part of intentional leak?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed N30 hissing leak
I use the n30 and alternate with the p10.  I haven’t noticed the hissing from the n30.  Does it show as a large leak when you look at the data?
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder if you could heat the hose-end flange and curve it just a tad more.  It might defy you, but if you heat it with passive heat, maybe leave it on the dash of your closed up car in the sun for about 30 minutes, not longer, and then bend it about 5 deg on the one side and figure out how to hold it that way until the unit cools and hopeful sets....you might find it a better fit.  It's worth a try.  You won't break it, or make it puddle, in that heat, especially if you set a timer on your watch or whatever, and retrieve it immediately.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2020, 11:28 PM)SevereApnea Wrote: Has anyone else noticed the leak between the N30 cushion and the mask it attaches to?
There is annoying hiss of air that leaks here.
No way I can make this "fit" better.

I use roughly the same pressure as you and have not experienced the hissing you describe.  By coincidence, I just posted a positive review of the N30 in the mask review forum before seeing your post.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have this mask, but the description sounds like a factory misshaped cushion.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2020, 10:07 AM)yankees123 Wrote: I use the n30 and alternate with the p10.  I haven’t noticed the hissing from the n30.  Does it show as a large leak when you look at the data?

Always had large leaks (mouth leaks) while using N30, so that would have hidden this smaller  leak.

Due to the N30 vent blocking I have moved to N30i/P30i and in the last 3 days have finally eliminated mouth leaks.

Will come back to N30 later as I do also like this as a nasal mask.

(04-27-2020, 04:21 PM)mesenteria Wrote: I wonder if you could heat the hose-end flange and curve it just a tad more.  It might defy you, but if you heat it with passive heat, maybe leave it on the dash of your closed up car in the sun for about 30 minutes, not longer, and then bend it about 5 deg on the one side and figure out how to hold it that way until the unit cools and hopeful sets....you might find it a better fit.  It's worth a try.  You won't break it, or make it puddle, in that heat, especially if you set a timer on your watch or whatever, and retrieve it immediately.

I think you are right the flange is the issue, I noticed this gap with the smaller cradle cushion as well.
That is a good idea: but may take some time and fiddle factor, and more DIY skill than I have atm.
Quicker for me to just tape this up in the meantime.
Post Reply Post Reply
Attachments removed to free up Attachment quota.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 30 5 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 236 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,410 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 141 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 151 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 672 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.