Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed N30 nasal mask
RE: Resmed N30 nasal mask
Yes - I can barely tolerate the nasal pillows (really painful).

Thanks coffee man!  Helpful info - I'm going to order it and give it a try - I have heard about the head strap problem - you'd think ResMed would address that - this was the reason the vendor wouldn't carry them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the p10 for several years. Earlier this year I got the N30i. I liked the top connection but if I moved very much the cushion leaked. Then the P30i pillows came out and the pretty much solved the leaks. The N30i cushion would be nice because it doesn’t go up into the nostril but on my nose it just won’t seal well. I may order a N30 strap as it should fit the P10 and is adjustable. I find the P10 a little more comfortable in the summer. When it’s hot the P30i mask covers a lot more of my face.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
Try the Dreamwear nasal mask.  It's comfortable and seals well and stays put, if you add an extra strap below the standard one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just my thoughts on the Dreamwear vs the N30 and N30i for that matter. I found that I got a lot of condensation in the DreamWear nasal pillow, whereas I have not noticed that issue with the N30 or the N30i.
Post Reply Post Reply
My post above should say DreamWear nasal cushion gets condensation, whereas the N30 and N30i cushion do not.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suggested the nasal mask rather than the nasal pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
I appreciate everyone's experience with the N30 - the N30i was a great mask and I really liked the cradle, but the noise from the machine was as bad as sleeping with a snorer (only it was my breathing which increased the noise). I ordered the N30 and hope it works, I prefer the cradle since my nose is just not the right shape for pillows - almost seems like I'd need a custom nasal pillow design.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried the Dreamwear nasal mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't tried it because it has the same tubing configuration as the N30i - which would give me the same noise issue. I just received the N30 today - giving it a try. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes it does.  But the material is different, the cushion seals better and I find it to be more quiet and comfortable than the N30i, which I sent back.
Good luck with the N30.  I found that the hose pulls it out of place and it loses its seal.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Resmed F30i Mask ditron1 3 126 Yesterday, 11:33 AM
Last Post: cps22
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 11 17,281 04-20-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 1,020 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 184 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,288 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,414 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 332 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.