Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask
RE: Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask
I definitely selected Autoset from the options on the A10.  Perhaps this is another problem with Sleepyhead.  I also selected automatic for the climate hose but it shows manual.  I've considered installing Oscar and may at a later date.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Roy I found real benefits changing to OSCAR, and it was easy! I had used Sleepyhead for years. (My computer hates me. Being able to say it was easy is a real compliment to Gideon and others for OSCAR)

DaveL
Toronto
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
DaveL

I installed OSCAR tonight and as you said very easy to do.  It said the mode of the machine and pressure settings weren't available from last nights data so used the previous days settings.  It will be interesting to see if it captures the mode tonight.  I noticed that it now shows the correct setting for the humidifier so that must have been a bug in Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are so many benefits with OSCAR. Saluting Gideon and all others who make it so.

My only issue is interpreting the results. That's why my treatment file is so long. And I've posted so many screen shots I've run out of space here. So I've had to eliminate old screen shots so I can still post. I think I've caused concern doing that.

I've worn a mask for over 35 years. The other night was the first time in 35 years I wasn't compliant. I took my mask off after wearing it for 2 hours. Then I had a good night's sleep. :-) Way back when I had cpap bricks that didn't report AHI there was no way to determine what my AHI was. I was supervised by me sleep docs. My interpretation is that under medical supervision AHI doesn't matter.

DaveL
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
DaveL

Last night was captured on Oscar and I noticed it identifies the machine as a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her even though in the options I have selected "Autoset".  I think the program must read the device code and not the mode selected.  The pressure range was reported correctly as well as other parameters set on the A10.

I noticed that loading data from my card works much faster than on Sleepyhead.  A huge improvement.

Last night I had a cluster of Hypopnea which seem to be a result of sleeping on my back.  I've found that the last three nights using EPR=3 that by mid morning I'm extremely tired and have to take a nap in the afternoon to recover.  Last night I took the mask off an hour prior to my normal time to get up and then slept until alarm went off.  That seemed to solve being tired.

I would like to try a FFM as there is evidence in the flow rate waveforms of air escaping from my lips when I'm fully asleep and relaxed.  I'm pretty good at keeping my tongue on the roof of my mouth but must relax and air enters my mouth.

I admire your ability to "stick to it"!   For me it's been a challenge to adapt.  Next week I see my Dr and will ask for FFM.

Big Thank you to the OSCAR development team
Post Reply Post Reply
Roy good luck! Truly.
I bought an F&P Evora Full. I wish it worked for me. It's so well made.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Roy - Congrats for upgrading to OSCAR, If you post your charts onto the board, you will get responses with advice intended to benefit you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last nights OSCAR report showing a period of 22 min in CSR or perhaps PB.

I have had incidence of this kind before around similar period of time.  This ones looks more like true CSR but likely just PB from positional change induced breathing (CO2).

Post Reply Post Reply
Two sessions the first with tape and the second without tape

I tried the 3M Nextcare tape on my mouth last night.  In the attachment the leak rate is zero for first have of session one.  I noticed that around 1pm my mouth filled with air but the air didn't escape through the tape.  In fact the tape was still firmly attached at the end of the session.  So confused by the leak rate graph.  Assume this is all leaks combined (around pillows, from mouth etc)  So if isn't from my mouth it must be around the pillows!
I found taking a large inhalation/exhalation seemed to flush the air in my mouth into my lungs and puffy cheeks went down. (just my impression)

Interested to know what others have experienced using tape.  Still sitting on the fence if using a FFM like F30i will work for me.  Trying options like tape/chin strap/collar first.  btw Tried them all before when using a nasal mask without much help.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 82 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 155 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 97 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 139 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 804 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.