Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed P30i popping noise.
Resmed P30i popping noise.
I have a P30i mask and I love it most of the time.
last night I had hours of popping and cracking sounds from the elbow joint at the top of my head. It occurred every time I change breathing direction.
I have experienced it before but turning over and slightly moving the mask cured it. I suspect it has something to do with using the humidifier as there was lots of water droplets in and around the elbow and top of the frame. I have only started re-using the humidifier the last few nights. I know that the humidifier seal is good as there is no excess noise from the Airsense 10 unit.
I reseated the elbow several times and ensured that I had no hair (yes I still have some) trapped.
The tubing has a very short run from the machine to the edge of the bed it then runs under the pillows and is brought out in the middle of the top of my pillow for a very short connection to the elbow, so the tubing is being kept as warm as possible, but we do like to sleep in a cool room about 18 Degrees C about 65 F
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed P30i popping noise.
(09-07-2019, 05:25 AM)Kevreid Wrote: I have a P30i mask and I love it most of the time.
last night I had hours of popping and cracking sounds from the elbow joint at the top of my head. It occurred every time I change breathing direction.
I have experienced it before but turning over and slightly moving the mask cured it. I suspect it has something to do with using the humidifier as there was lots of water droplets in and around the elbow and top of the frame. I have only started re-using the humidifier the last few nights. I know that the humidifier seal is good as there is no excess noise from the Airsense 10 unit.
I reseated the elbow several times and ensured that I had no hair (yes I still have some) trapped.
The tubing has a very short run from the machine to the edge of the bed it then runs under the pillows and is brought out in the middle of the top of my pillow for a very short connection to the elbow, so the tubing is being kept as warm as possible, but we do like to sleep in a cool room about 18 Degrees C about 65 F

Its likely rainout as the temperature drops over night are you using a heated hose ?
Post Reply Post Reply
No I keep thinking of a heated hose but the sleep centre tell me they are not effective and they don't recommend.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2019, 10:27 AM)Kevreid Wrote: No I keep thinking of a heated hose but the sleep centre tell me they are not effective and they don't recommend.

I had rainout with the standard slimline hose to the point that the gurgling in the hose woke me up. In about a year of using the heated hose I haven't seen a trace of condensation. I think many here will confirm they definitely work.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Heated hose works great for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2019, 10:27 AM)Kevreid Wrote: No I keep thinking of a heated hose but the sleep centre tell me they are not effective and they don't recommend.

If the sleep center won’t give you one you can buy your own availiable from eBay or Resmed directly for £30
Post Reply Post Reply
It’s definitely rainout. Heated hose will cure it. You can also try and make sure that the machine sits below your head level so that any water that condenses can travel back to the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can also get the hose socks (covers? coats? - not sure what they are called), that basically wrap the hose in a felt/nylon covering to help insulate the hose and keep it warmer.

I have a heated hose, but I still got rain out. My wife keeps the bedroom like a freezer sometimes. Once I got the hose cover I have not had rain out since.
Post Reply Post Reply
Heated hoses DO work. Get one
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah got heated hose no problems since then.

Thanks you everyone who responded.

Kev
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,290 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 147 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 267 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 260 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 360 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.