Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S10 Modem and SD card
Resmed S10 Modem and SD card
Hello,

Just started with my cpap last night. It's a Resmed Airsense 10 Auto. It has a built in modem so they didn't give me an SD card. I was wondering if I put an SD card in it to use OSCAR, will that affect the modem sending the data? Will it automatically do both?

TIA,
Gary
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S10 Modem and SD card
Hi gdahl!! - Welcome
The AS10 allows both the SD card and modem to work at the same time. The SD card stores much more detailed data than is transmitted by the modem. In order to collect the detail sleep data, the SD card needs to be in the AS10 while it is in use. Otherwise, it will only record the summary data, which is the same that the modem will transmit.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your quick response!
Do I need to format it in any particular way?
TIA again,
Gary
Post Reply Post Reply
No. Any new SD card comes preformatted to a FAT32 format. Just be sure you use a 2 - 32 GB card in your AS10.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does SD card need formatting?
Hello,

Just starting out. I have an SD card. is 1.8 Gig large enough? Also, do I need to format it or will the Resmed S10 Auto do it when inserted?

TIA,
Gary
Post Reply Post Reply
A 1.8 will work.  If it has been lying around, I would format it again to a FAT32.  Due to some Operating systems having SD card formatting problems, The SD Association has a free formatter that has a better chance of producing a problem free format.

Here is a link to their site to download a copy: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

Also, please keep your posts about the same subject, in this case SD cards, in one thread.  This help readers with any history and reduces having to jump around different threads to follow a topic.

I will be merging this thread with your other one about SD cards.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,251 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 643 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 552 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Import from ResMed SD Card Pat F 5 926 03-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question No Data on ResMed AS10 data card?? DoubtFire61 8 1,056 01-02-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  ResMed-2 sessions short 2nd useful- Break to long/Card out of machine to soon. KeepSmiling 5 675 11-18-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Can I use ds1 card with resmed 11? plaidwandering 16 1,330 08-02-2022, 05:28 AM
Last Post: plaidwandering

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.