Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 Unexplained Pressure Drop
Resmed S9 Unexplained Pressure Drop
I looking for input on why the pressure dropped below the minimum set pressure(13.2cm) for 7-1/2 minutes. This occurred from 02:14:30 till 02:22:00.  This is the first time this has happened.  Since my EPAP pressure will be Pressure -EPR, I normally don't display it but found it odd when I turned it on for this anomaly.

Edit: From 02:21:00 to 02:22:00 my Respiration rate climbed from a constant 13.5 to 101.88. I'm ruling out a data glitch.

Pressure Only:
[Image: XXlYOI7l.png]

Same Graph with EPAP Plot added:
[Image: S82cr86l.png]

Thoughts?   Dont-know
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 Unexplained Pressure Drop
I think it was just a burp in the data recording.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Walla Walla.  While you were posting the above, I was editing my OP to add, "From 02:21:00 to 02:22:00 my Respiration rate climbed from a constant 13.5 to 101.88.  I'm ruling out a data glitch".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very odd.  I wouldn’t worry unless it happens again. Could be aliens.  Unsure

The rise in respiration is puzzling though.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did a screenshot to include the respiration spike and a break in tidal volume graphs.
[Image: QvyHXObl.jpg]

A side note: I just learned that if you have a multiple monitor setup, SleepyHead will only capture the first monitor when using the F12 (screen capture) option.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
what does the (high-res) mask-pressure say during that time?
Post Reply Post Reply
TBMx,
Here it is with the mask pressure.  
[Image: oMj1EhJl.jpg]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
so, the pressure did NOT drop.
As Mask-pressure and flow are the only really important values: if they are intact everything went fine.
from the looks of it only the 4 curves: low-res pressure, resp. rate, tidal volume and minute ventilation are glitchy. (I really don't know if SH calculates the rest of the graphs or if they are coming straight from the machine)

Question is: does ResScan produce the very same charts for the graphs that are "glitchy" here?

If not: SH import bug / failure.
If so: SD-Card data-error (which leaves 3 options: SD-Card has bad / damaged data blocks, SD-Reader has a problem, SD-Writer (in the machine) is glitchy)
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2017, 09:53 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Thanks Walla Walla.  While you were posting the above, I was editing my OP to add, "From 02:21:00 to 02:22:00 my Respiration rate climbed from a constant 13.5 to 101.88.  I'm ruling out a data glitch".

I think you would have known about it if you had climbed that high!
I would forget about it unless something strange happens again.
That is just a bit to odd.  You were breathing a lot faster than normal.
You should have woken up, unless you were having heart problems or some other problem.
There are breaks in the other data lines, so I am not sure what to say to you.
The mask and flow data is constant, so the pressure can't have dropped, mind you, if you were breathing that fast you must have been taking short quick breaths and I don't know what the software tells the machine to do in an event like that?

OpalRose might be right, you were abducted by Aliens during this time!   Dont-know
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
If your respiration really was that high it would show up in the flow rate graph - but it doesn't. I think this is a data glitch caused by aliens.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,641 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 923 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Need help w pressure, tired in morning, resmed 11 cejay 3 545 08-23-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: cejay
  [Equipment] Pressure reading on Resmed 11 AutoSet Ajalkio 2 1,036 07-27-2023, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Ajalkio
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  air leakshi, I write from Italy. I use a resmed airsense 10 cpap at pressure 13 and a papaste 3 662 02-02-2023, 08:51 PM
Last Post: burgess4321
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,556 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.