Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 adjustment
Resmed S9 adjustment
I’ve been using the Resmed s9 VPAP since may of 15 and for some reason when I took a trip a few months ago I goofed around with the settings not knowing what I was doing because I wasn’t sleeping well and (wrongly) assumed my settings that I had set for over 5 years were off. However now I’m not sure if my settings are correct for me as I’m having ahi of around 4.5-5.1 which isn’t terrible but not as optimal as it was. (According to sleepy head before I messed my settings up I was at a .02 ahi) My main problem is osa I was having 126 ahi with oxygen levels dipping into the high 70s before I was put on bipap therapy.

Right now im just trying to figure out if my settings are ok and if anyone here with expertise could advise whether or not I move something around

Currently I am set for (completely on my own random accord not from my doctor)

Ipap 17
Epap 8
Ps:5
Timax 2.0
Timin 0.3

So with these settings im getting an ahi around 5 and according to the data it’s all osa with some very minor mask leaks. Im having almost 0 to none central or hypopnea. However my main concern is I’m not waking up refreshed with 7+ hours of sleep and have been dragging through the days recently so I’m thinking something needs to be adjusted
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 adjustment
Welcome! To help you the people here need to SEE your data. We use OSCAR that can be downloaded FREE from the top of the site. You need a SD card in the machine while you sleep. You may already have one in your machine.

Take a look at the link I have in my signature at the bottom of the post about charts. It shows a lot about OSCAR and which charts to put in your post.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for the delay, here's some info pics from sleepyhead. I will download OSCAR as well

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2021, 07:37 PM)mgcunn27 Wrote: Sorry for the delay, here's some info pics from sleepyhead. I will download OSCAR as well

You need to upgrade to OSCAR its the latest version.  SleepyHead was renamed OSCAR.

Check my signature.

Sorry I see you said you would..
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Once you load and run OSCAR with your SD card, look at the Statistics tab. It will show all the setting changes that are recorded on your card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I think I've got OSCAR up to date and formatted now. 

Lately I've been baffled though as my daily fatigue has severely returned without any adjustment to what was working or me. According to the data the settings have been working just fine for a long time. However, for the past few months I've been struggling with bad panic attacks and anxiety which was causing me fairly bad insomnia. This then led into sleep dread and fear of bedtime among other things. To help with this I was prescribed Trazodone 50 mg and it has been helping me get to sleep but I've been waking up very tired even after 7+ hours. 

I've been successfully using the nasal-only Airfit N10 and then N20 for over 5 years. So why now all of the sudden at random would my quality of sleep feel so diminished? One symptom I have noticed is that I am waking up with a very dry mouth which never used to happen before. At first I thought it was just a medication side effect. But now I'm wondering if it is possible that this medication is making me relax my jaw to the point where I'm opening my mouth during sleep? Or could it be anxiety is not allowing me to enter the deep phases of sleep? All I know is currently my energy levels have returned to the point they were before I was treated 5 years ago. My AHI is hovering around 3 for the night now. I'm so tired I feel like I'm not even using the machine at all and I'm thinking with an ahi of 3 I shouldn't be THAT bad. 

I'm kind of at a loss for what I should do. I'm also brand new to checking the sleep data and using OSCAR so working on becoming more knowledgeable with that as well.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Settings Adjustment Sackman101 21 426 10 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [CPAP] New to CPAP/APAP looking for Adjustment tips jster71 2 363 02-16-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Comfortable adjustment with Evora FFM Columbiabill 3 470 12-15-2023, 10:38 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Titration Help/Next Adjustment Advice arch 4 587 10-09-2023, 01:31 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  What AirCurve 10 ASV adjustment makes it easier to exhale against pressure? DevinJones 12 1,296 05-12-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  New to CPAP — settings adjustment rjbutler 8 898 04-02-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Adjustment recommendations RacerX31 3 517 02-28-2023, 12:49 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.