Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed airsense 10 Help please
Resmed airsense 10 Help please
Hi
i have just been diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea around 4 weeks ago, i could of had it for3-10 years as my only symptom was snoring , it never woke me up and was never tired. i always slept for 7hrs per night.
I was told i would need a cpap machine so i bought the Resmed airsense 10 with humidifier (non wifi model)  and the resmed f20 mask this is what they recommended.

i have been using the machine for over 3weeks and cannot get a decent nights sleep, ive bought 3 different masks, and all have same outcome, i just constantly keep waking up,
alot of the time the masks leak air so i have to have them tight, but even when they dont seem to leak i cannot get more than a few hours sleep.
i have no problem wearing the masks, as i wear one similar everyday at work, so that isn't the issue. 

Could my ResMed machine be faulty? 
when i wake up the air is usually blasting at around 16, and i have to hit button ontop of machine to reset it, i thought when you wake up the machine should go down to 4?
i lay there for 15 minutes and it doesnt go down?
i noticed the other night when i went to bed i put the mask on for 20minutes was awake all the time with eyes open then when i looked at machine it said i had 3 episodes how when i wasnt even asleep?
is there a way to check machine is working correct?
The machine says my AHI is 2.1, leak is 6L and pressure is 12.

Can anyone give me any advice or help, i dont know what else to do, the company i bought all the equipment are not much help.

Thanks'

John
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed airsense 10 Help please
We can not tell much just by your description of the night, we need to see your data from the night. We get the data using OSCAR. It is a completely free software you can download at the top of the site. With it we will be able to see if we can find a problem. You need a SD card (2 to 8 gb), they are not expensive - same type in a camera. You must have it in the machine while you sleep.
Then post a nights charts and you will get some answers that will help you.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
John,
Are you are able to download the OSCAR software.  Looking at a screenshot of your data will help us get you on the right settings.

Be sure you have an SD card in the Cpap while you are sleeping.  

Follow this guide to Organize your daily page chart.  

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

To take a Screenshot:

Set your display to the Standard view.  
(View > Reset Graphs > Standard)
Take a screenshot of your Daily screen.
   * For Windows or Linux: Use the F12 key
   * For a Mac: Use Fn+F12  

Use the Attachment Feature to post it here.

Your machine may be set wide open at 4min and 20 max.  So as not to go through another bad night until we can see some data, set your Cpap at 7 minimum and 12 max.
Set EPR at 2.

You will also need a Clinician's Manual, order it here:

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

Some information to help with mask fittings:

Mask Primer
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks just ordered a sd card reader, will upload results when it arrives 
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

hi
i have upload oscar report, not sure if it is good enough as i had a sleep in the afternoon,? 
on the night-time it was the best sleep i have had yet in 4 weeks, slept really well felt great.
Cannot understand report i can see my ahi was higher than normal?

thanks
John
Post Reply Post Reply
In OSCAR, click View/Graphics/ Standard

Those are the charts we need to see. If you have a question on the other include them and ask.

You are having an issue with a positional apnea as evidenced by the clusters of obstructive events.b step 1 is to modify your pillows to prevent you from tucking your chin in toward your chest. Think flatter, less firm, one vs 2 pillows, things like that. The next step is a soft cervical collar see my signature
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2023, 11:56 AM)Gideon Wrote: In OSCAR, click View/Graphics/ Standard

Those are the charts we need to see.  If you have a question on the other include them and ask.

You are having an issue with a positional apnea as evidenced by the clusters of obstructive events.b step 1 is to modify your pillows to prevent you from tucking your chin in toward your chest.  Think flatter, less firm, one vs 2 pillows, things like that.  The next step is a soft cervical collar see my signature

Hi
apologies find attached the standard one,  i will also use a flatter pillow, like you suggest.

thank you

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Hi 

can someone please have a look at my last 2 nights sleep, i took the above advice and used a flat pillow and a  soft cervical collar only used the collar on 27th of april.
but it seems to have made me ahi worse?

The 27th the day i used the collar my snoring was really bad, it hasnt been bad in 4 weeks until day i used collar?? could collar have been to tight?

i notice my AHI are really high compared to my previous few weeks i was averaging 2.3 now over last few days its been high 5 - 8.5

can someone help me out pleased. 

thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you by any chance a back sleeper?

Did you have a sleep study done?

If so, it may be helpful to post your study, with of course your personal identification redacted.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 166 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,565 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 170 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 27,176 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 168 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 68,239 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 27,992 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.