Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

drool hacks?
drool hacks?
My biggest CPAP challenge at the moment is a tiny tiny amount of occasional drool seeping down and pooling under my mask.  I've tried to put a klenex at the bottom of the mask (hybrid full face resmed f30i) but it usually ends up falling out during nightly mask shifts. I don't want to tape my mouth shut..MAYBE I can just tape the corners, i'm pretty sure it's just dripping slightly out of the very corners, I need a little piece of sham wow in there! Any good hacks for this issue?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: drool hacks?
this is kind of gross but before I started wearing a soft cervical collar for event clusters and lip leaks, I would drool quite a bit, sometimes waking to my entire face and beard covered, presumably distributed by the force of leaking air, which my (then) apap would respond to by increasing pressure, making everything worse. so the short answer is try a soft cervical collar. I understand why it works with jaw drop leaks but for some reason it significantly reduces my lip leaks and drooling as well. I should add that recently my lip leaks are becoming worse, maybe because my collars are wearing out (softening, compressing), but knock on wood I'm still not drooling.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: drool hacks?
Interesting, I'll give this a try, thank you
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  use to drool but now YUK fred987 3 969 12-12-2020, 06:04 AM
Last Post: fred987
  Mask hacks that worked for me jaw2004 6 2,782 11-21-2017, 10:52 PM
Last Post: jaw2004
  Drool Slick7533 3 2,054 11-23-2014, 09:22 PM
Last Post: retired_guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.