Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics 950 set up
Respironics 950 set up
I have so far refused to take my daily machine into a motel because of the lingering smell. I  now use a dream station auto bipap. I ordered a used Resprionics 950 from the internet planning to carry it on trips. After inputing my #'s, I tested the machine. Blower blows. So I set up on my night stand for a test. With hose and mask on, the machine stops and flashes red light on left of on/off switch giving V1.02 message. Did I buy a worn out machine or am I not understanding how to set up AVAPS? JudgeJohn
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics 950 set up
Not sure what is going on with your machine. You can order the Clinicians manual, that may give some insight on setting up.

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is a common fault with all 50 series machines.  There was a hold-down screw omitted from the upper left corner of the PCA mainboard where the sensors are located.  The hole and threaded post are there, but no screw.  This is your problem.  I posted about it some time ago, but the pictures are no longer avalable since Photobucket blocks linking. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid203661

It would be pretty hard to miss the hole I'm discussing in that thread.  Pull off the covers using a Torx driver and you will see it.  Here is an image of the back-side of the board showing the sensor openings.  The hole for the screw and the post is the one in the upper right.  Since no screw is in this location, the sensors fail to pick up vital flow and pressure information.  This was resolved in the 60 series with a screw. The screw is where the flow and pressure sensors connect to the flow manifold. The service manual procedure makes it clear that a screw is not used during the assembly, so it's not a manufacturing defect but rather a design change to decide not to insert the screw. Further confirmed by the fact that there is a screw there in the 560 series. Disappointing at best!

[Image: th011.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi judgejohn,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy, hopefully, you will be able to get your new machine fixed.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Took message from other post on RemStar power unit being defective. Tested 950 with DC cord and it does not cut out. Should have ran test longer and left mask on to make doubly sure but I was so excited. Tried power source from old 550 but also failed. (these power cords have been the "standard of the industry for 11 years") Didn't leave on long enough to create damage. Since 950 is 3 prong (computer type cord). I assumed it was due to age of units but ??? Perhaps 950 MUST be grounded. Looking for outlet that I know is grounded. Haven't found appropriate power source from CPAP companies yet. May just be the ground question or this power source may be weak or my used unit is worn out. Any help? In the meantime, my Dream Station auto bipap is working great with low AHI (but I still don't want to carry it in a motel) judgejohn
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,029 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 671 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,402 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,293 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck
  Respironics Recall Resolved Jeremy H 0 349 09-16-2023, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Jeremy H

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.