Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics Dreamstation BiPap Suddenly Weak / No Pressure / BiFlex
Respironics Dreamstation BiPap Suddenly Weak / No Pressure / BiFlex
I have a Dreamstation Auto BiPap and my treatment lately has been pretty good, my AHIs have been under 3 until the other night suddenly my machine stopped making pressure.  It seems like BiFlex is suddenly acting differently (is BiFlex supposed to be an adaptive/learning function?).

The night before last I thought I was just having a bad night I was so tired I ended up taking off the mask and passed out.  So last night I get in bed and I realized there was suddenly no usable pressure.  The machine ran and blew air but with the mask on my face it was weak and didn't make enough pressure to help inhalation.  The pressure was suddenly so low that I couldn't even create my normal leak at the bridge of my nose even when trying. It actually felt like I was drawing against the machine when inhaling.  I tried unplugging/plugging, I tried upping the min pressure, disabling ramp.  Nothing helped.

This morning I called my vendor and went through tech support, they had me turn off BiFlex.  It seems this was the problem, the machine now blows hard enough like it's supposed to.    Hopefully disabling BiFlex won't have an effect on my comfort/how well I sleep, but at least I don't have to figure out how to get an exchange machine during a pandemic.

I'm posting this to help others because last night I tried searching the forum and google and found nothing in terms of useful information.  (The closest I found were some threads on another forum where people were more concerned about demanding the people wit the problem demonstrate the pressure was low by making a DIY manometer before anyone would actually help).

TLDR; If your machine suddenly stops making pressure, try disabling BiFlex.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Dreamstation BiPap Suddenly Weak / No Pressure / BiFlex
I had a similar problem, but don't know if BiFlex was involved. See http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...sure-drops for the details. Resolved (almost) by changing to a ResMed machine, but it's a work in progress.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Dreamstation BiPap Suddenly Weak / No Pressure / BiFlex
You probably can check into potential repair, if deemed necessary, but it's possible the machine blower died on you. If true, maybe it'll get replaced. If that's not the case, a newer ResMed would make a great replacement that would serve better and more reliable.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 954 10 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,799 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,057 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 230 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.