Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics Dreamstation - noisy motor?
RE: Respironics Dreamstation - noisy motor?
I know this is an old thread but I have the same issue with the same machine. It's so annoying to me that I started using my 10 years old Respironics System One which is basically silent in comparison. That whirring/whining motor noise makles it a lot harder for me to get to sleep some nights and I never had an issue with that.

I'm now trying to get that machine exchanged for a Resmed which are apparently very quiet. If it matches my old System One I'll be happy. I love the Dreamstation otherwise and I have a heated tube for the first time and I love that. But that noise is too much for me...
CPAP: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask: ResMed Airfit N30
Diagnosed with severe apnea in 2009 (43+ events/hour with very long events)
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm in the same boat.  I just got a new Dream Station and it's really loud.  The one thing that I really love is the algorithm they use which seems to follow my breathing patter perfectly.  Even though I am waking up a bit earlier than I would like, the time that I am sleeping is really good sleep.  I just can't believe how much louder it is than  my old autosense 10.  Since this is an old thread, I will ask if the dream station noise problem has a solution yet?   Did I get an older machine maybe?  I can't imagine that this is just the way it is....  I like everything about this machine except the noisy motor.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, I know this is an old thread but I wanted to add my $.02

I picked up a DreamStation w/o humidifier to use for travel as it was quite a bit cheaper than the AirSense 10 I use at home. I too found that the DreamStation was much noisier than the AirSense, so much so that the noise traveling thru the hose kept me awake. Did some research and decided to try the "Respironics DreamStation Muffler - Flow Generator Cover 1128163". They are hard to find, but the authorized Supplier #2 had them.

I am happy to report that it does help quiet down the inhale/exhale hose noise. Still not as silent as the whisper quiet AirSense but much quieter than it was and I can definitely sleep with it now. For those who use the Dreamstation w/o a humidifier and want to baffle some of the noise, it might be worth trying.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2021, 06:19 PM)SakimaStorm Wrote: Hello, I know this is an old thread but I wanted to add my $.02

I picked up a DreamStation w/o humidifier to use for travel as it was quite a bit cheaper than the AirSense 10 I use at home. I too found that the DreamStation was much noisier than the AirSense, so much so that the noise traveling thru the hose kept me awake. Did some research and decided to try the "Respironics DreamStation Muffler - Flow Generator Cover 1128163". They are hard to find, but the authorized Supplier #2 had them.

I am happy to report that it does help quiet down the inhale/exhale hose noise. Still not as silent as the whisper quiet AirSense but much quieter than it was and I can definitely sleep with it now. For those who use the Dreamstation w/o a humidifier and want to baffle some of the noise, it might be worth trying.

Your DS may just be defective. 
I have received brand new from Philips and got it replaced due to noise it made.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed blower motor disassembly PinehillJoe 3 88 04-15-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [How to] Fix Your Own Noisy CPAP - Don't discard old CPAP with worn bearings SuperSleeper 3 16,829 04-15-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: PinehillJoe
  S9 Blower Motor vk3hjq 106 16,992 04-06-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Restrepo
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,854 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 33 10,416 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 270 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 860 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.