Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Restarting CPAP after 4 years: does machine need cleaning?
Restarting CPAP after 4 years: does machine need cleaning?
Hey all,

I am very grateful for this forum. It's so helpful to be able to speak with other CPAP patients to share tips on how to meet our goals.

I am very intent on restarting CPAP therapy after last using my machine (model ResMed AirSense 10 autoset) for a few months in 2017. Thus, the machine has been idle, stored in the case, for some time.

I received a new hose, mask, resevoir, etc.

However, I'm concerned that the interior of the machine could be dirty.

Does anyone have any suggestions in terms of opportunities to freshen up and/or sterilize the interior of the CPAP machine?

Is there anything I should look for in terms of smells or behavior that would suggest that something is wrong with the machine?

I would appreciate any tips or advice that any one can provide.

Thanks very much.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Restarting CPAP after 4 years: does machine need cleaning?
If you've properly stored the Cpap in its case and it hasn't been exposed to a damp environment, then I can't
see any reason that it would need an internal cleaning. I'm not even sure how you would go about doing that.

You replaced the humidifier chamber and hose, so that's good, but be sure to change the air filter too.

Like I said, as long as it was stored in its case and not in a damp place, all should be well.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
^^^^^^.......What she said.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Most likely not much of anything can get inside that requires a cleaning nor is there access. If you want to deodorize I suppose you can use ozium on a cotton ball in front of the filter intake, but again probably not needed.

Unless that is you maybe lost a small pet snake recently. Now that you'll stay awake with that thought, no PAP necessary. And you're welcome for fixing your Apnea needs.

lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 83 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 298 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 620 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 198 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,720 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 219 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.