Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Running 2 Oscar on same computer
Running 2 Oscar on same computer
It is an awkward question but is it possible to have 2 Oscar installed and run (separately) on the same computer.

If it is possible, how should I do  the second installation?

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Running 2 Oscar on same computer
It is possible to have multiple versions of OSCAR residing on your computer. Just rename the directory of the current version to a different name before you install the next one. I usually use the version number in the name. This would make the newest OSCAR version directory's name, "OSCARv140". When you install another version, and it will be installed into a directory named, "OSCAR". I would recommend that you rename each installation in order to keep up with all the different ones. If you use a link shortcut to start OSCAR, you will need to create and edit each one to point to the OSCAR executable in each directory.

As far as running more than one instance of OSCAR simultaneously, I have never tried that. I know now if there would be a memory corruption or not.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the two installs are in different user accounts... Nope.. There's only one ProgramFiles (or /usr/bin) folder...

The data would be in each user's Documents folder, though, so nicely separated.. but I think there is only one registry entry yo point to the user's data...(I think... not sure about Windows) In Linux each user has their own config folder...

Or you could create a second profile, and go to Pref3erences to force the choice at startup
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would prefer the second profile method.

I am trying it but I am doing something wrong.
See my post Setting BiPAP machine with Crimson Nape reply.

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry to be such a mess with my recent posts.

This is what is going on.

I have been using an AirSense 11 (CPAP) machine for a year.
I will shortly change for a Aircurve 10 (BiPAP).

I would like to set Oscar so I don't lose my previous data and show it only on demand.

Oscar should start a new series of measurements with the new machine.

I tried making a new profile.
I did not put in the SD card from the AirSense in the laptop reader.

The profile was created but the daily view shows some data from the other profile and the machine description is not the new one.

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
You might have created it, but did you switch to this profile?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:You might have created it, but did you switch to this profile?

Yes I did

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
If you say there is data in the new profile, then purge the data.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2023, 05:45 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you say there is data in the new profile, then purge the data.

- Red

I just did.
Now the daily view is not accessible.
Must be because there is no data.

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 232 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Exclaimation Import CSV from computer KK7X 2 546 10-29-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: KK7X
  Coexistence of software versions on the same pc computer Dzidzia 2 556 07-31-2023, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Dzidzia
Question MADE USER NAME CHANGE TO MY COMPUTER: NEED HELP WITH OSCAR ERROR MESSAGE Plmnb 8 901 04-08-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Get Spo2 Assistant to connect to a CMS50F Pulse Oximeter running on a Silicon Mac darral.freund 1 1,124 03-26-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  New Computer Graphics Problem txrpls 9 818 10-01-2022, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question macOS "The disk you attached was not readable by this computer." rolltide 5 1,649 05-18-2022, 10:17 AM
Last Post: rolltide

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.