Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 AutoSet - Noise at the breathing out!
RE: S9 AutoSet - Noise at the breathing out!
LOL You really want me to get one of those, don't you?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm just sayin'. These older Series 50 machines are on sale for a limited time. Once they're gone, they're gone for good.

But seriously, I have a Series 50 machine and it's an awesome piece of equipment. Very reliable and will run directly off a 12-volt battery.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I get that noise, too.
I just assumed it was the hose. A hose will make that whistling noise with air passing through it just from twirling it around.
I never really thought to investigate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Honestly didn't read through the thread, but I do notice a sound from my S9 on exhale. I never looked into it though I assumed it was coming from the H5i. It sounds a little bit like air moving over the reservoir chamber. Anyway sound or not, it's quiet enough for me to sleep!
Post Reply Post Reply
There's really not much you can do about the whistle.
I did a comparison of the M-Series Pro sound level to the S9 when it first came out and noticed it then.
I keep mine about a foot below the top of the mattress on the lower shelf of the nightstand.
That seems to mitigate the whistle volume fairly well.
[Image: dreamdiver-signature-gif.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 46 1,140 48 minutes ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 116 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,280 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 146 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 150 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.