Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 Autoset autostop
S9 Autoset autostop
Most of the time when I remove the mask, the S9 Autoset responds by shutting down, but intermittently it blows for about 10 min and detects a large leak instead.

Is this a usual bug in the software detection? or a malfunction? I am biased to say it is software, but wonder if it happens to others with this device?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 Autoset autostop
I've discovered that how you remove the mask and place it on the bed has a lot to do with how long the machine runs before shutting down.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2014, 01:52 PM)PollCat Wrote: I've discovered that how you remove the mask and place it on the bed has a lot to do with how long the machine runs before shutting down.

ok, that is a nice clue Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2014, 01:48 PM)DariaVader Wrote: Most of the time when I remove the mask, the S9 Autoset responds by shutting down, but intermittently it blows for about 10 min and detects a large leak instead.

Is this a usual bug in the software detection? or a malfunction? I am biased to say it is software, but wonder if it happens to others with this device?

I use Auto on/off also, and this morning I had to shut it off the old fashion way, pushed a button..Smile well that's the first time that as happen, I guess I'll make sure I'm deliberate on mask removal.
Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
i was thinking about how i took it off this morning.... i sat up on the edge of the bed, whisked it off, and blew air at the dog with it because when I have it on my face it freaks him out a little Big Grin and I am ornery. I held it in my hands until the point i pushed the off button. it shouldn't have had an obstructed blow path.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 116 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,386 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 Autoset or S11 Autoset? The Latinist 3 1,863 02-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: tomtiki
  AirSense11 AutoSet dougsooley 4 756 10-22-2022, 03:49 PM
Last Post: dougsooley
  [Equipment] From iBreeze to Autoset 10 kirby4564 12 1,238 10-15-2022, 11:34 AM
Last Post: kirby4564
  Airsense Autoset 11 eroemer 3 708 10-02-2022, 10:36 AM
Last Post: eroemer
  Autoset 10 repair? Nightynite 8 1,131 06-22-2022, 10:17 AM
Last Post: cpapuserzzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.