Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 VPAP ST-A OSCAR Data Question
RE: S9 VPAP ST-A OSCAR Data Question
(09-03-2021, 05:59 AM)gadgetmaniah Wrote: Some pictures from today. I changed the Trigger setting back to High from Very High. I feel better today though not sure if it's due to changing the trigger setting. Still struggling a bit with residual sleepiness however.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm curious about this breathing pattern that I can always see in my sleep where the exhalation seems to be longer and the flow rate looks larger than usual. The pattern starts around 11:07:20 in this picture:

Here is a zoomed out section of this period. Another thing that I have noticed is that it always corresponds with an increased respiration rate and ends with what looks like an arousal and mini apnea:

I am assuming that this is normal though and probably has to do with something like dreaming.

By the way, I've increased my pressure support to 6 since the past couple of days and that seems to be suiting me better. I'll continue with it for some more days to see if the improvement is consistent. Thankfully I'm not experiencing many UAs which I feared I would if I increased the PS to more than 5.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone know what this breathing pattern indicates? I used my Autoset machine today and whenever I use it I can see periods of breathing where my flow rate graphs looks like this. It is always accompanied by an increased respiratory rate. Could it be that the machine is just miscounting the breaths?

Similar periods happen when I use the S9 VPAP as well, though the breaths do not look as deformed:

Post Reply Post Reply
While I haven't looked at the code, I believe OSCAR is counting the zero crossings, of which there are many in each breath in your samples.

In your samples, measuring the time between maxes or mins would be a more accurate result. I'm not sure how that wold generalise to less regular waveforms.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. So do these breathing periods indicate something like flow limitation?

Not sure if relevant, but I've noticed that my inspiration time is generally greater than my expiration time too on the AS10 Autoset, including during these periods.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 157 9 hours ago
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 103 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 377 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 23 1,210 04-11-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Oscar Data Interpretation UPDATED Johand77 1 96 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR data interpretation Johand77 8 174 04-10-2024, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Johand77
  [CPAP] OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - Unsupported O2s Francois1963 0 74 04-09-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Francois1963

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.