Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 VPAP ST-A OSCAR Data Question
RE: S9 VPAP ST-A OSCAR Data Question
(08-30-2021, 04:09 PM)gadgetmaniah Wrote: Thanks for this; I appreciate it! However, I'm not using my machine on iVAPS mode actually. I'm using it on regular 'S' mode. Still, your advice about comfort settings is useful. I did try increasing my minimum rise time to 500 ms and it felt much more comfortable, but right now it seems that I have lower flow limitation if I have my rise time is low. So, I'm still experimenting with the settings to see what suits me best. 

Last night I had an alright sleep - not too bad but not too good. I can see that I had some unclassified apnea which look like obstructives, so I'm thinking that I should try raising the EPAP and IPAP by 1 cm. Other than I can see the typical short arousals in my sleep but I guess there isn't much you can do about them and they're probably not a concern as long as they're not respiratory related arousals. The good thing is that, other than the UAs and mini arousals, my flow rate seems good and I don't see the irregularities in the inhale portion like I would on the Resmed Autoset. So it seems like the pressure support is helping. I subjectively feel better too and I hope the improvement continues.

Some images below of last night's sleep. I guess for tonight I'll keep EPAP at 7 and IPAP at 12. I've set the rise time to 250 ms for now and Ti Min is at 0.6. Trigger is high and Cycle is medium. One problem though I anticipate with a higher IPAP is air leaking into my eyes, and I have been having a lot of problem with dry eyes and pain due to this recently.

A few more images.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your more recent graphs seem to show a more natural respiration wave, but it's not clear what you are changing in any given session. The longer rise time sounds like a promising solution. What are you doing with Ti Min?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've changed the Ti Min to 6. Today my sleep was similar. It was much better than the sleep I was experiencing with the Airsense 10 Autoset, but I think there might be still some improvements I can make. I tried raising the the EPAP to 7 and IPAP to 12 but I still experienced the same amount of UAs. It's possible that the UAs are Clear Airways so I could perhaps try increasing the Trigger to Very High.

My current settings are:

IPAP: 12
EPAP: 7
Ti Min: 0.6
Ti Max: 3.0
Trigger: High
Rise Time: 150 ms
Cycle: Medium

I feel like I have a better sleep when my rise time is shorter, so I might just leave it at 150 ms for now.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can certainly try the trigger at Very High.  Other than eliminating my CAs, I could not feel any difference in my breathing. I hope it will work for you.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, thank you. I'll try it out and see if it improves my AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I did not have a very good sleep today. Woke up feeling quite tired and sleep deprived despite sleeping for about 8 hours. I can see some patches of flow limitation so I wonder if that is what is causing the fatigue. However, I am monitoring my oxygen levels using the Contecn CMS50D+ and they seem fine. 

Some images below.

Should I try increasing my PS?

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-02-2021, 08:51 AM)gadgetmaniah Wrote: Ok, I did not have a very good sleep today. Woke up feeling quite tired and sleep deprived despite sleeping for about 8 hours. I can see some patches of flow limitation so I wonder if that is what is causing the fatigue. However, I am monitoring my oxygen levels using the Contecn CMS50D+ and they seem fine. 

Some images below.

Should I try increasing my PS?

Post Reply Post Reply
Please show the standard charts and a full night view, look at the organize link in my signature for guidance.

All of the zoomed views are significantly flow-limited. Are you using a cervical collar? if not try one on a hunch. I think the consistency of the flow limits may be implying a positional alignment issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Here you go. Unfortunately this machine doesn't show FL data I think.

Also, by the way, here is what my flow rate normally looks like on this machine. The inhale breaths look a bit spike shaped due to the short rise time I believe (150 ms) which may be making the flow rate look more flow limited than they actually are. I'm not sure though. 

I can certainly look into trying a cervical collar to see if that makes a difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some pictures from today. I changed the Trigger setting back to High from Very High. I feel better today though not sure if it's due to changing the trigger setting. Still struggling a bit with residual sleepiness however.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 161 Yesterday, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 103 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 377 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 23 1,216 04-11-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Oscar Data Interpretation UPDATED Johand77 1 96 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR data interpretation Johand77 8 175 04-10-2024, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Johand77
  [CPAP] OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - Unsupported O2s Francois1963 0 75 04-09-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Francois1963

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.